Emergency Brake cable HELP not connected

-

gdizzle

Reaction score
Emergency brakes... So for the record so anyone else searching for parts... 1966 Dodge Dart intermediate brake cable IS NOT BC92622. This cable it too short by about 8 inches.
Raybestos does have a #92860 which appears to be the correct length. But finding anyone to order it is impossible.

Ok so I will be reusing my old intermediate cable which is 110inches. Just replaced brakes and replaced the brake cables in the rear. Now went to hook it up at the front and I am now about 1.5inches shy of connecting to the screw rod. It appears my screw rod has been cut off, as it is only about 2.5 inches long. Can anyone verify on your car, the screw rod should be how long? My dad thought the rod should be 6 inches long?

Also if anyone can get me a part number for the brake cable that goes from the inside to the underside of the car? Maybe I need to buy that if the screw rod part is longer?
I somehow found a part # BC92320 which looks like the front cable to the inside but hard to tell. And hard to find. Amazon has 1.

Or I need to jimmy something up? help please. emergency.

tag words: parking brake cable emergency brake cable

Emergency brakes... So for the record so anyone else searching for parts... 1966 Dodge Dart intermediate brake cable IS NOT BC92622. This cable it too short by about 8 inches.
Raybestos does have a #92860 which appears to be the correct length. But finding anyone to order it is impossible.

Ok so I will be reusing my old intermediate cable which is 110inches. Just replaced brakes and replaced the brake cables in the rear. Now went to hook it up at the front and I am now about 1.5inches shy of connecting to the screw rod. It appears my screw rod has been cut off, as it is only about 2.5 inches long. Can anyone verify on your car, the screw rod should be how long? My dad thought the rod should be 6 inches long?

Also if anyone can get me a part number for the brake cable that goes from the inside to the underside of the car? Maybe I need to buy that if the screw rod part is longer?
I somehow found a part # BC92320 which looks like the front cable to the inside but hard to tell. And hard to find. Amazon has 1.

Or I need to jimmy something up? help please. emergency.

tag words: parking brake cable emergency brake cable

I have the cable from the e brake to the intermediate cable and the intermediate cable I removed from my 65 Dart when I parted it out. If interested, drop me a PM

-
Back