Emma

-

Xstream_1

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for your condolences concerning Emma passing. It was tough last night drivng down that long driveway while looking out across the field just hoping it was a bad dream. I awoke this morning around 2:00 to find Dorothy snifling and telling herself if she had just done something different, very sad. After losing two great companions, Ellie our 12 year Border Collie and now Emma our Aussie, in a little over two years I think we have decided that we need to plug this hole in our heart. I believe we have decided on another Border Collie. Again think each and everyone of you and know that you have made it easier on me.
Love you guys,
Garland and Dorothy

I went way to long to fill my hart with another friend in my life Garland and Dorothy, after I lost Socket 1/2 lab friend 2 years ago he was in my life for 9 years.
I was sleeping a couple night's ago and Treva said Buddy had his feet and head on my legs wanting to get in our bed :happy10:, he sure has warmed my hart for almost 8 mouths now and I am so glad I realized I was missing something in my life and saved this little guy, I do prefer females but he stole my hart and we enjoy our training time :cheers:
I am so happy and looking forward to seeing your new four legger family member :happy10::happy10:

Buddy is an inside raised boy and he gives us the best set of ears and eye's out here in the country where we have way to many strays running at night, so he get's to run when Creed or Mike my sons are here and has never got off our property line I have been walking him and leash training him on for the 6 mounth, I guess I am blubbering on about my new found friend ain't I 8)
It hurts to loose a friend and it hurts real bad :angry7:
But like I said I waited to long and glad I finely opened my eye's and filled that empty spot in my life :clock:
My aunt Doralee always had at least two Border Collie's at her home and they sure are smart and fun to play with when I was a child :happy10: Talk about fast and jump over any fence :cheers: I could not believe how they would run in circles around us kids :toothy10: they would make us laugh, I was about 10 years old and will never forget them :happy10:

Buddy said hello :happy10:

THIS%20IS%20BUDDY%20MY%20NEW%20BUD%20030.jpg

MACY'S FIRST SEED TO PLANT 010.jpg

So sorry about Emma. We lost our little beagle to cancer June 25th. On the 26th we knew the best way to heal a broken heart was with another puppy. Meet Victoria Abigail... (Abbey was our beagle's name.)

Vicky baby.jpg

Vicky 1[1].JPG

Check the shelters. There's a lot of sweet dogs who just need a chance. Found my boy on the side of the road and tried to find his owner but no luck. Best dog I have ever had. Crate trained house broke and gentle enough I can let the ferrets play with him. That's a sight to see. It's hilarious.

Thanks to all of you for your condolences concerning Emma passing. It was tough last night drivng down that long driveway while looking out across the field just hoping it was a bad dream. I awoke this morning around 2:00 to find Dorothy snifling and telling herself if she had just done something different, very sad. After losing two great companions, Ellie our 12 year Border Collie and now Emma our Aussie, in a little over two years I think we have decided that we need to plug this hole in our heart. I believe we have decided on another Border Collie. Again think each and everyone of you and know that you have made it easier on me.
Love you guys,
Garland and Dorothy

Talk about a coincidence our Yorkies are maned Ellie and Emmie.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together.....

Author unknown

Sometimes it is better to fill that void quickly so the heart can heal faster. I have 4 that I dont know what I would do without them.

Xstream 1, I am so sorry to hear about Emma. Everytime one my dogs goes to the "Land of the Slow Squirells" I swear I'll never do it again but here I am with two rescues.

In regards to how a dog can affect a man's soul, this is what Napoleon (not a man who's known to be emotional to say the least) wrote upon seeing a dog howling over his dead master's body after a battle:

"Napoleon Bonaparte, on finding a dog beside the body of his dead master, licking his face and howling, on a moonlit field after a battle. Napoleon was haunted by this scene until his own death."

"This soldier, I realized, must have had friends at home and in his regiment; yet he lay there deserted by all except his dog. I looked on, unmoved, at battles which decided the future of nations. Tearless, I had given orders which brought death to thousands. Yet here I was stirred, profoundly stirred, stirred to tears. And by what? By the grief of one dog."

Dorothy and I (I guess mostly me) have decided to go ahead bring another puppy into our lives. I hope I haven't jump the gun but I really feel that maybe this will help heal our broken hearts. The tears still flow and sometimes at the drop of a hat but I know this is part of the grieving process. Emma will never be forgotten as well as Ellie, and Winifred our feline friend ( all three in less than a year) they will always be in our heart. Saturday we made the drive just north of Culpepper, VA and took our first look at our new daughter and there's a possibilty there will be two coming home with us in three weeks. Ladies and gentleman I would like for you to meet "Lexi". I believe Dorothy will be changing her name when she gets home to Pieper. Thanks for being "Pet People" and for all the kind words.

Garland and Dorothy

Lexi5WksB-353x442.jpg

-
Back