energy suspension poly motor mounts Qs

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

I got a set of energy suspension motor and trans mounts. These are for a spool mount setup i am using in my 67 cuda. I am familiar with installation of the poly mounts. The usual removal of the rubber with a torch, etc.

I have a few questions to ask. I got these for a 318. Which is what my engine is, they show a different PN# for a 360. The polyurethane hat bushings show specific numbers for the front, and specific numbers for the left rear and right rear. The right rear poly bushing being thicker than the left, however the mounts in the K frame are the same length as are the factory mount bolts, and the steel tubular sleeve bushings that came with the kit

The other thing is, i had to turn my factory engine mount thru bolts down a couple thousandths on a lathe so they would slip fit thru the tubular sleeves that came with the mount kit, otherwise the wouldent even fit into the tubular bushing.

BTW the transmission mount kit worked like a charm. Went together smoothly with no issues at all.

Anybody else use these kits tor spool mounts from energy suspension on their A body?? Have you run into the same issues? Why would the passenger mount be thicker in the poly kit, if the factory rubber mounts are both the same length?

Thanks
Matt

I'm thinking of getting a set just like you did for both the motor and the transmission. Would you recommend these?

Did you finally get the motor mount issues ironed out?

By the way, I received these and I'm having issues with them too.

-
Back