Engine bay braces

-

71Duster

Reaction score
Do the later Duster engine bay braces that go from the cowl/firewall to the fender do much? Was thinking about making a set fit my 71'

That Is A Great Question... I would like to know that as well!

I had a set on my 75 duster and none on my 70....I think they look cool...Mopar put them on their for a reason, must of thought over time the front end would sag and start pulling apart at the fire wall????Makes sense I guess..I like em....probably someone on hee has some...They are different lenght from one side to the other,,,I think the pass side in longer.

DSCF0628.jpg

eningine bay 75.jpg

They are there so the fenders don't fall off. After all, it is a Mopar. lol Actually, they were installed to compensate for body flex.

I know the theory behind them just wondering if they do the job?

Not looking for miricles but after watching the body flex video on XV motorsports website I was thinking for the price of the stock bars if they did much of anything it was worth it.

They may do some good. I would think they would work better if they went to the shock towers though. A set of snout bars that tie in the shock towers and a motor plate would be the beast way to go. "IMO"

I know the theory behind them just wondering if they do the job?

Not looking for miricles but after watching the body flex video on XV motorsports website I was thinking for the price of the stock bars if they did much of anything it was worth it.
Make a set and install them. Can't hurt anything. Besides they do look kinda' cool.

I agree with Burntorange. Those puny bolts as shown in the pics aren't going to hold much. To be truly effective, they need to tie in to the shock towers.

-
Back