Engine bay painted!

-

bighammer

Reaction score
Well I just got the car back from the body shop. They refinished the engine bay for me, it looks great! My engine (1990 roller cam 360) is still on the stand, but close to being ready to go in. I'm finally motivated again to get this project rolling. After I get the engine in, it's going back in the shop for complete paint. I've owned it for about 7 years, but I've finally gotten to this point. What do you think about the color? I'm lovin' it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 260
I can't remember the name of the color, but it's a DuPont two stage base / clear. I decided on going with a custom color rather than a factory color. Ya, I know it's a little risky, and not to every bodies liking to deviate from factory colors. The original color was b5 Blue, but it had been repainted a different color before I bought it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 217
Looks good. Just the fact the engine bay is painted, and engine ready, should be an adrenaline pumper.

I like the color, I think the car will look great in that color! You should be motivated, where you are is great. I'm currently working on my engine bay, core support isn't welded in and have yet to install two patches for the inner fenders. Engines on a stand but not built, so you're doing great!!! Just curious, what town in Oregon are you by? My family is down there in Happy Valley, Salem, and La Pine.

Looks very nize, My little brother and I painted a 71 chally about that color and it looked
super :cheers: Congratulations :color:

looks great, in the pic looks a lot like B3 like the other guy thought too. B5 is and was very popular and a great color, but I've had some B3 cars and always loved that blue color more.

-
Back