engine color

-

rm69dart

Reaction score
Hey guys

quick question, whats the engine color on 69 dart 340 engine? red, orange any # or where is the best place to get the right paint would help.

Thanks

I believe the 1969 Dodge 340 was painted turquoise . Im not sure who has that color ? Mancini has some clors of stock paint.

rm, let this play out for a while if you really need the exact color for your particular car. There's some conflicting info about the 69's. I don't have the right answer either, but i'm 99% sure i've seen a Orange 340 in a Dart that year, maybe a late production. I'm sure a concensus can be arrived at with enough input here.

same issue with the 71 cars, most I'v seen were orange and usally have 'X" heads ( likely early build cars like mine), but some folks seem to have 71 340s painted blue. I belive it was a mid year change. I often wonder if they changed the color when they went to the "J" heads in the later 71' cars.

My 69 340 was turquoise. The Dart was all original when I bought it in 74. I knew the original owner.

Fred B

The first several brand new 69 340s I saw were red just like the 68s. The rest I saw were blue. Not turquoise like big blocks. They were a slightly deeper blue than the later blue 318s, 360s etc. but only very slightly. I've even heard folks claim that 69 340s came orange. I've never seen one but I believe it would be possible for a few of the latest '69 cars to have had orange engines.

both of mine were original and blue (i can't spell turquoise). i would say, without them next to each other, same as the early 70's 318's

3K mile '69 GTS

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 88
-
Back