Engine colours

-
According to the Mopar paint chart from 1972-1983 all engine sizes were Blue. Mopar Paint number P4349217.

Oh yah, I painted my '72 Demon engine orange, just to be different. LOL

Funny Burtorange70! Here's a paint chart for 69BronzeT5

eng-colors.jpg

Thanks for the chart! I'll be painting my 318 orange because I think orange looks best on them!

There you go...Mopar guys sure are different. We love to modify. It's supposed to be blue, so we paint it pink. LOL

My 68 318 is red. It's the original paint.
If looked at other charts and they say 318s up to 69 are red after that they're blue.
So paint it what pleases you it's your car.
Personally they look better red or orange.

all small blocks were blue after 1971 till they went to black in the late 80s.

68 340s = Red
69 340s = Turquoise
70- April 71 orange
after April 71 bule

I am using the Mopar Performance red paint on my 68 340. Has anyone else used the Mopar brand paint and found it to be thin and watery?

My 69 340 is turquiose. I used the Mopar paint, it is not holding up well. There are many areas on the block and heads that are flaking and peeling. The valve covers are holding up very well.

I wasn't crazy about turquiose at first, but it looks really good against the R4 Charger Red paint

the modified 69 318 in my Valiant (aka Dart) is red and it matches very nicely to my Mopar Valve covers.

It's really to whatever works for you unless you are striving to have it look stock or going the concourse route.

I have a Sublime green car, green engine bay, with black ARR stripes, black radiator, black hood. So blue, orange, or red just wasn't going to cut it for me.

If you have a color sample and want some really good paint to use on the engine, try having the paint shop mix up some ppg Delstar acrylic enamel. We use it on all engines we paint at work. But you need to have a spray gun and its a bit more expensive. But worth every penny if you can do it with that paint. Super shiny and durable. Way, way better than anything that comes from a can!

-
Back