Engine Dyno or Chassis Dyno near Ft. Wayne,IN

-

bhthomas83

Reaction score
Just finishing up a 408 build for my 73 Swinger. Was wondering if there is an engine dyno around Ft. Wayne, IN? I've found a chassis dyno place Greer Performance in Ft. Wayne but the website isn't very good. Just looking to dyno the motor so I can justify all the money I've spent lol. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Kammer and kammer in Dayton, Cincy speed, bes engines. All of those have both types of dynometers I believe. I would look into kammer and kammer simply because they really specialize in mopars. I believe they charge about $500.

Last edited:
Before you get disappointed or overly exited, dyno's vary, a lot.

The reason to dyno an engine is to safely break it in and tune it properly in a controlled environment. It also gives you a baseline to measure any changes you may want to make while it on the dyno or later on down the road. I wouldn't be too concerned with what the dyno reads. Again, it may wow you or humble you. Let the timeslip be the ting that wow's you and truly proves the combo was worth the money.

To give some perfective on this. My engine in my last car made 467/514 at the crank and runs high 11's. My current car with a similar engine combo makes 314/550 at the wheels. It runs high 11's. 11.74@114 to be exact.

Before you get disappointed or overly exited, dyno's vary, a lot.

The reason to dyno an engine is to safely break it in and tune it properly in a controlled environment. It also gives you a baseline to measure any changes you may want to make while it on the dyno or later on down the road. I wouldn't be too concerned with what the dyno reads. Again, it may wow you or humble you. Let the timeslip be the ting that wow's you and truly proves the combo was worth the money.

To give some perfective on this. My engine in my last car made 467/514 at the crank and runs high 11's. My current car with a similar engine combo makes 314/550 at the wheels. It runs high 11's. 11.74@114 to be exact.

Bingo. Don’t go chasing dyno numbers but it is a great tool to see what effects different things have on your engine.

-
Back