Engine fan

-

wes beem

Reaction score
Got a 360 LA in my truck that didnt have the fan when i bought it, having trouble finding an original LA fan too, are the newer magnum style clutch fans a bolt on fit?

Got a 360 LA in my truck that didnt have the fan when i bought it, having trouble finding an original LA fan too, are the newer magnum style clutch fans a bolt on fit?
Maybe, only problem is, I think most turn counter clockwise because of the serpentine belt drive. Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Is yours a clutch fan? If so, you can buy a new clutch and there are a ton of aftermarket fans that will bolt to it. If it's direct, same situation. easy to buy

Correct, Rusty- the Magnum pumps spin opposite of the LAs because of the serpentine drive. Besides, the Manum fans thread directly onto the pump shaft, and do not bolt to a flange like the LAs.

Correct, Rusty- the Magnum pumps spin opposite of the LAs because of the serpentine drive. Besides, the Manum fans thread directly onto the pump shaft, and do not bolt to a flange like the LAs.
I thought that was the case as well. I knew some threaded onto the water pump, but I didn't know all did. When it starts gettin to this later model stuff, I'm not as sharp. I try to limit myself to old stuff......like me. lol

Anyone know where i can buy a regular non clutch fan for a LA? Its my daily driver due to a recent breakdown so i need it fast.

If you've got a fan shroud on it, measure the opening and subtract 1 1/2"- 2". That'll give you 3/4-1" clearance all the way around, leaving room for engine movement.

-
Back