Engine hesitates when i gas it.

-

scrag

Reaction score
My engine hesitates when I accelerate too fast such as the pedal to the floor practically. It just putters like its kinda getting too much or too little amount of gas, a buddy of mine said that he thinks I'm runnin' a little rich. I'm a young gun and havn't grasped the mehod of tuning my carb, yet. I tried to adjust the metering plunger like my edelbrock manual said to, because supposedly its too heavy and I need to make it leaner. Thanks for the input.

My engine hesitates when I accelerate too fast such as the pedal to the floor practically. It just putters like its kinda getting too much or too little amount of gas, a buddy of mine said that he thinks I'm runnin' a little rich. I'm a young gun and havn't grasped the mehod of tuning my carb, yet. I tried to adjust the metering plunger like my edelbrock manual said to, because supposedly its too heavy and I need to make it leaner. Thanks for the input.

Its a "typicle" eddy carb issue, its a lean stumble, theres a few tricks to help cure it, but if your not familiar with carb tuneing you'll be chaseing your tail.

-
Back