Engine Hunting

-

FlyingFalcon

Reaction score
Hey FABO,

I'm beginning to start the process of mapping out my engine swap. I'm still pretty fresh to the whole Mopar scene, and the car scene in general. I've been trying to find a 383 or a 400 to swap into my Dart (Go big or go home, right?) and I haven't had a whole lotta luck. I've searched CL in 4 different states and have come up with one 383 that was way gone. Do yall have any tips, tricks, recommendations to finding parts and engines that I might have not thought of?

Thanks yall

Why not do a small block and stroke it. What are your plans.
I thought about it, but we have a lot of big block parts here in the garage already that would save me a lot of money. Plus its something different, not something you see every day

Might want to concentrate in the 70-80's RV markets.
You could probably get the entire RV for what the motor alone is worth to you.

Might want to concentrate in the 70-80's RV markets.
You could probably get the entire RV for what the motor alone is worth to you.

You know I hadn't even thought of this option. I've seen a few 440s from RVs, not really any 383 or 400s. I'll defintely be on the lookout though. Thanks!

Well if you already have the BB then use it. A small block will have nicer street manners. Might have a little more wow factor with the BB.

Well if you already have the BB then use it. A small block will have nicer street manners. Might have a little more wow factor with the BB.

Have a big stash of parts, no block though. That's what I'm really after. But we've got cams and intakes and all that for sure.

-
Back