engine location

-

DARTLARRY

Reaction score
I am currently in the middle of fabricating engine mounts for a 360 in a 1972 dart with a /6 K frame. What I cant find is the correct location of the engine in the bay. What I am looking for is the height from the K frame to center of the crank, and the location of the engine from left to right in the compartment. If anyone has these measurements, or knows a source to find them, I would appreciate it.
Thanks

You may find this to work for you. TTI's instructions for their headers have you check to make sure the engine is properly located. They list the required dimensions on page one. At least if you install it to their specs, you'll know you can install their headers down the road without issue.

[ame]http://www.ttiexhaust.com/PDF/II_TTI340A.pdf[/ame]

I am currently in the middle of fabricating engine mounts for a 360 in a 1972 dart with a /6 K frame. What I cant find is the correct location of the engine in the bay. What I am looking for is the height from the K frame to center of the crank, and the location of the engine from left to right in the compartment. If anyone has these measurements, or knows a source to find them, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
If you like, Schumaker makes mounts for that setup, that is what I run in my Demon, I went from /6 to 360. They bolt right in like factory. Piece of cake.

I have used Schumachers in the past, and the seemed to raise the front of the engine too high. It was like it was at an angle in the engine compartment. It ran fine but it seemed like it was not in the right position.

If I remember its is under engine swapping section in the mopar chassis manual. It shows the crank centerline measurements

-
Back