Engine options for 75 Valiant

-

4Birdman

Reaction score
OK, planning out my daily driver Valiant build. Yeah, I don't have the car yet, but whatever. :D

I have owned/worked on/etc GM cars for as long as I have been driving. I know what to look for and what options are out there for a GM engine. I have probably owned 20 Trans Ams now along with a handful of GM trucks.

My only knowledge of Mopar stuff is swapping in a 3.8L in place of the blown 3.3L in a 95 Voyager I owned, along with building a 2.5L turbo for my old LeBaron. Not exactly the knowledge I need for this one.

I was thinking about a late-model Hemi for the car, but unless I can find a wrecked donor car I'm looking at $2000 for a junkyard engine. Ouch.

So what do you think would be a good option for this car? I want something that I can build for good power, get good reliability out of, and hopefully get decent gas mileage out of with an overdrive transmission.

Well, talked to my good buddy who builds my engines. He suggested going with a 360 Magnum. That sound like a good plan?

run the magnum with the serpentine setup up front and keep the fuel injection by using one of the plug and play harnesses available here and youll be doing great. readily available parts and good mileage with a fair amount of power for a daily driver

-
Back