Engine paint opinion wanted...

-

myasylum

Reaction score
O.k. Here's my deal... I wanted to paint my engine orange. I just want to. I like the color, and to me it looks "proper" rather then baby blue.

Now my car is gold, and I was thinking the gold/orange would be o.k but not quite right. Then I thought, hey? I have a black hood,black spoiler, and black stripes, and black engine would be KILLER! (Well, that is my theory for now at least) but...

I'm questioning, what if I have a oil leak? Would I even be able to see where it is coming from with a black engine? That might be a problem.

Does anyone have a opinion on this? Has anyone painted their engine black, could you post a picture??

Thanks a lot!

I wondered the same thing about oil leaks. I saw this picture, I think it was on the Hughes Engines web site. Looks killer to me!

PowderCoating07.jpg

orange with gold pic in my profile

I have an "off brand" small block in an old classic truck I have that I painted black. It looks really good with Moroso gold valve covers, brass plugs etc.

I couldn't make up my mind for my 416 going in my 68 Formula S, red original color or orange....I figured the car is getting pretty far from stock so what you like is what you should go with.....I went with orange.

My 383 is going to be black. With a flashlight you should be able to find any leaks. Or, theres going to be puddle on the ground somewhere! I wouldnt let that stop you from doing it. Oh, my car is gold also and I couldnt bring myselt to painting the engine orange.

Paint the thing any color you like, its YOUR motor, and as far as oil leaks, thats why they sell dye kits!, You guys arent going to like this , but my 505 big block in my 68 barracuda fb is 56 chevy torquise, and my 340 in my 67 barracuda fb is 69 Flame red (ford), so who gives a f#&*?

Just say'n

Mines the same color as the car, doesnt matter what color it is as long as you like it, its all good!! Thats what makes cars so cool, everyone puts their own twist on things

-
Back