Engine paint

-

roadripper

Reaction score
So building a 318 for my 67 barrcuda and was gonna paint the motor red , is there a paint code for the red on the engines in 67/68 ??? Went to the parts store for paint couldn't find any Chrysler red color?? Any help would be great

Thanks

Mike

I always buy a can or two of clear high heat engine enamel and put it on after the color. It helps to seal the paint, looks nice and glossy and makes it easier to wipe up dirt and oil.

go to a Dodge dealer and get Mopar engine paint 4349218 Red. The correct color for 1967 318 motor

Last edited:
If someone is bent over your engine and says "You know, that red doesnt quite look the same as the red chrysler used, it seems to me to be a shade off." Reach over and smack em in the back of the head.

Would be cool to have the block cleaned and then just take a rag with some acid and make the bare block look clean but a little rusty spots, maybe spray some paint on it and then wipe it with thinner to give it a tattered weathered look and then clear it. I swear its just a old junkyard 318,340 etc lol

Definitely, a clear coat over paint or full gloss single stage paint has better resistance to fluids and is easier to clean than satin, flat or semi gloss

Mine was a lil rusty and had splotches of the original blue... i just cleaned it off and cleared over it all.

-
Back