Engine Quest Heads

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is anybody using Engine Quest Heads on their builds. I ran across an old magazine article were the builder used the heads and made 550 hp if memory serves me correct with a stock stroke 360 and a nice roller cam. All I seem to hear about are the RHS heads and Eddy's.

I know there are guys on here using them...with good results.

EDIT: thicker decks than factory Magnums and respond well to porting-what's not to like? :) If I were building up my 5.2, I'd probably buy them.

Hughes' Iron Rams are EQ castings. If you search Iron Ram heads you'll find more info. They're a nice upgrade with potential.

That's what I've got on my 408 Jeff. Their from Hughes which as UOP mentioned they call them Iron rams but their EQ's. My engine is pretty tame since I wanted good street manners but I bet with a bigger cam and more stall it'd run like a bandit. My guess is it runs low 12's now and it's a pretty hefty pig (3650 race wt)

Lxguy runs 11:7's ,71 dart. Base Eq(1.92/1.62 valves,no porting.4:11's ,904/transbrake. J.Y Magnum 360.Mild(224/230 @.050 hyd roller). Roughly quoted,325 at the rear wheels. Neat heads, have a set myself.(working on valve train,now).

-
Back