engine shops in MI?

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
I am looking for a good engine shop here in MI. I checked out muscle motors trying to see if anyone knows anymore?

Muscle Motors isn't bad, but you can do better. Check out Engine Performance on Northrup and Cedar, by the blockbuster. They have done some of the nicest work I've seen.

It shares a building with the NAPA that's right next to it.

I had my MP heads checked by Muscle Motors, had them milled and intake side milled match to match taking .030 off.

One head is thiner on the intake side by quite a bit--you can easily see it, not measures it. Heads work fine but their machining was half *** if you ask me and I heard it from others in this business also

Then when my 318 spun a bearing, they pushed their strokers on me, giving me close to the same price for a short block 360. Took 2--3 days for them just to give me some rough prices.

I ended up going to AM-Car Engines in Westland, 734-326-5680

Good folks they were, Doug is in to BBM's and all the guys are cool and honest and do good work. They do ship out for the balancing job but my motor is nice and smooth at all rpm's so they did a great job. Hit 6,500 a few times and always goes past 6,000 when I drive the car-which in the summer is most every day or so.

I went with the stock stroke 340 for longevity since on the freeways I go 75--80 and its got 3.91 gears, motor seems very happy going a steady 4,000--4,500 for 20 miles or so

-
Back