Engine Temp.

-

69Chrgr

Charger/Cuda
Reaction score
What engine temp. do yall recommend for my Eddy Headed 408? Trying to set my fan for right temp. Is 190 too much?

I wouldnt think so as aluminum heads shed heat rapidly and you can run a point more compression with no detonation. Reading the plugs will tell you how the cylinders are liking it.A nice tan youre good any speckling and i,d run it cooler.

for me 150 is warmed up and 170-190 sometimes up to 200 but if you go over 230 shut it down, in racing they say 230 is ok and 280 is a blown motor

I don't think I've ever let my engine get warm enough. I have a 3 core radiator and Black Magic fan, and they seem keep it pretty cool. I also have a 160 thermostat for now because come summertime it can get pretty hot in Texas. My Eddy heads don't seem to want to stop leaking. I have retorqued, used Cometic gaskets, and still have a small leak. I was thinking that perhaps they may not have heat cycled properly. Also, it seems the engine is more responsive @185-190.

could be just a head bolt leaking that goes into a water passage 69

I went back and retorqued. It is ever so minimal, however I still think they haven't quite fully sealed. But again, I've hardly driven it either, so not much heat has been placed in the heads.

-
Back