Engler's is crushing out!!!

-

Montclaire

Reaction score
Just a big heads-up, Bob Engler has decided for various reasons, to scrap the yard. He's crushed 40 cars this week and will keep clearing as he can. If there is anything you need, better get there quick, and if you have never been there, now may be the last chance to see this amazing yard. 2000 cars, mostly 70s and back, and less by the day. He's on Stairville Road in Wapwallopen, PA. There are still a lot of good parts worth grabbing, even complete big blocks, TONS of A-body stuff, spread the word.

Damn! I've only found one yard in Ohio that has stuff older than the 80s! And the one yard with A bodies is mostly crap! What a same.

Damn! Three hrs. away each way. Mid PA. guys should be on this and yes it is a shame.

I would bet the same reason as a lot of the other yards out there, its a combination of the price of scrap, the age of the owner, and city/county/state regulations.

I agree. And that's awful close to the Marsellus shale drilling area. Might have sold off some land right's?

Damn, this really sucks.....This was the best junkyard in the area for "old" parts....Kind of like the "honey pot".....Little pre-40s.... but early 40's through late 70's, man did he have you covered.....Not cheap but if you needed something it was generally there....& yes, many A-bodies....damn, I am so bummed

Is there any way to contact them to see what they have other than to actually visit them? Would be worth the trip if I knew they might have something I need.

He knows what he has, if he says it's there, it's there.

Yeah, I remember back in the 90's I needed some hood hinges for a challenger and he told me right where to go .....One thing, if you do go, ask price before you pull the parts...A lot of people pull parts and get down to the garage and when he says what he wants for it , they don't want the part anymore.....I know quite a few people this happened too....So I learned to get a rough estimate before going to look for the part.....But that is why the stuff is still there....not cheap...

bump It's a month later since I first posted, that means approx 160 more cars are now gone.

bump It's a month later since I first posted, that means approx 160 more cars are now gone.

Crushing 40 cars a week is just playing around. Most likely just cleaning up cars that have been picked clean or have low demand. There has been two price drops since June 1st here. When I have the crusher come crush, they will easily do 100 a day. They can't have a $350,000 crusher sitting around when the prices are high. Even at todays price they are still very busy. They can't get them hauled that fast since ours are sent out of state so a loader stays until they are all loaded out. The crusher is working another location close by so they can send an operator over to load cars.

Are you guys able to offer him slightly above scrap for full cars and take them home? Might be able to save a bunch of parts and make some extra change.

Guys need to jump on this! These cars are an unrenewable resource... Once they are gone, they are gone for good!

Anyone recall this from two years ago? Are they gone or not?

They will be CRUSHING all mopars in their inventory

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=109917&highlight=crushing

Two years later still has the website up and running.

http://www.drmopar.com/

Doc has over 300 MOPARS from the 1960's to 1980's. Accurate descriptions of parts, fair prices, all parts are guaranteed. UPS shipping daily. International customers welcomed, shipping world wide.

Page down to see all the Ford's and other cars under this caption; "Niederwald Fire Dept. trains with the 'Jaws of Life' at Dr. Mopar's"

Just got back from an afternoon at Englers!
Man, I haven't seen so much vintage iron in a junk yard ever! Mostly 50's, 60's & 70's. It would probably be better in the winter (without snow) when all the vines and tall grass are down. The place is like a museum for old rusty cars. There must be at least 100 Mopars from the 60's. I only saw one E body and it's front end was completely gone. Three second gen Cudas and one first gen Cuda. Lot of Darts and Dusters and Fury's.

There were so many 50's era cars that I considered starting a hood ornament collection. The only way to get them off would be with a grinder. Do they make cordless grinders?

Found an Aspen wagon with a super 6 but didn't have the right tools. He wanted $50 if I removed it. He said he'll have his guy take it off and give me a call.....what's it worth?

It's close to Wilkes Barre, so if anyone is within around 2 hours it's definitely worth the ride.

Just got back from an afternoon at Englers!
Man, I haven't seen so much vintage iron in a junk yard ever! Mostly 50's, 60's & 70's. It would probably be better in the winter (without snow) when all the vines and tall grass are down. The place is like a museum for old rusty cars. There must be at least 100 Mopars from the 60's. I only saw one E body and it's front end was completely gone. Three second gen Cudas and one first gen Cuda. Lot of Darts and Dusters and Fury's.

There were so many 50's era cars that I considered starting a hood ornament collection. The only way to get them off would be with a grinder. Do they make cordless grinders?

Found an Aspen wagon with a super 6 but didn't have the right tools. He wanted $50 if I removed it. He said he'll have his guy take it off and give me a call.....what's it worth?

It's close to Wilkes Barre, so if anyone is within around 2 hours it's definitely worth the ride.

Yes, I have a DeWalt and it works great. I am sure there are other brands out there too.

Thanks, I can't think of any other way to get those nuts off.

Some times they just unscrew. I couldn't believe my luck on a 41 Plymouth and a 46 Pontiac that I found in a field. Both of the hood ornaments had nuts that came right off and never broke a stud. Had to pry the hood up on the 46.

Some times they just unscrew. I couldn't believe my luck on a 41 Plymouth and a 46 Pontiac that I found in a field. Both of the hood ornaments had nuts that came right off and never broke a stud. Had to pry the hood up on the 46.

What did you do with them? I was thinking of making a plaque to mount them on. Most of the ones I say would need to be re-chromed.

-
Back