Englers's Junk Yard Crushing out 700 Cars. Located in PA.

-

Wizard

Reaction score
Update on Engler's Junk yard off I-81 in NE Penna, Bob who owns the place says they will be crushing starting now. Hundreds of 40's, 50's, 60's cars, most are beyond restoration, but you can easily kill an afternoon just walking around. Lots of cars with decent glass, stainless trim, decent bumpers, busses full of hubcaps and other parts. Closed all day Sunday, and also closed Wed and Sat afternoons. I would recommend calling first (570) 868-3990. Take I-81, Exit 159 Nuangola, head west 2-1/2 miles to 1768 Stairville Road. White garage on the left "Englers Auto Parts", stop there to sign release form and to get directions to the yard.

Near the burg of Wapwallopen.
Yard is located in Dorrance Twp., 2 1/2 miles
off Route 81 exit 159 (Nuangola exit).

Hours: 8:30 am to 5 pm M, T, Th, F
8:30- Noon Wed and Sat

Mailing address:
Englers Autos and Parts
1768 Stairville Rd
Wapwallopen Pa 18660

PH: (570) 868-3990

Thanks for letting us know. I'm about 2 1/2 hours from there. Might be worth a day trip.

He stopped crushing all this last winter and this summer. Just now resuming crushing. I talked to Bob the owner about 3 weeks ago and he said he had about 700 cars left and is selling whole cars out of yard for around $600-$800.00 a piece. If anyone goes there let us know. I can't make it. To much stuff going on right now.

My brother and I have been there.......in July 2012, and there were over a 1000 vehicles then. It is a crying shame
that it is being crushed, as there were several thousand good parts to be had. Alot of A-bodys, B-bodys, and other brand x cars. There were a few 68-69 RR's as well, but were pretty well stripped. We were going to buy some parts cars from him, and spend thousand dollar bills, but just could not come up with any deals, of course, it is about 650 miles from home. Bob is a good guy, but can be a real hard*zz, and an ornry ole man too, but it is his own personal collection, and he can do with it, what he please's. We spent quite a bit of time there one day..... and knows he just wants to permanately retire, as what he talked to us about.​

Yard Located at:
Lat: 41° 8'1.87"N
Long: 76° 0'2.62"W

Going back in time, He had that place stuffed with cars back in 92-93...Still had a butt load in 2005. Looks like he started really crushing between Late 2005 and 2008.

Wish I lived closer. I love afternoons in old car yards.....Like a kid in a candy store.

When all the junkers are gone, the survivors gain in popularity and value..

Nothing wrong with that...

there must be 2 topics on this ?? there were pics of the yard,,,

any way went there today,,monday,, he says half the yard is gone,,there is no crusher there now,, scrap prices are down,,,will take about 2 years to finish crushing,, picked up 2 useable extra frotn fenders for my 40 dodge,,,just because they were there,,,and a decent price,, 2 frnders,,,a few little holes,, mostly surface rust there were sorta in doors,,,, with the hood linakge both sides,,, and the valance both sides 50 for the pair,,,couldnt let them sit for that price,,, ill sand them prime them put un away,,,

any volare /aspen guys ?? in his shop there are a pair of quarter side window louvers,,,really good shape,, a few clips missing and the car is in the yard with the window plugs to convert it to the small window if u want it perfect,,,

65 dart GT with all the vinyl top stainless you remove it 100 bucks,,,
there is one 68 cuda notch,, one 67 fast back,,,several dusters,,,dart sports,,,valiants,,,swingers,,,a few C bodys,,, there are NO E bodys,,, all are crushed,,, a hand full of mid 40s mopars several early 50s mopars,,, most sheet metal not useable,,, but there are some items,, he seem reasonable on prices,,,, lots of off the wall cars,, edsels,,packards,a few studes,,a FEW 40/50 pick ups,,, panel trucks,,, a pacer,,,2 gremlins,, 2 matordors,,,, a cordoba,,, 2 or 3 mid 60s B bodys,,, 57 mopar wagon,,, hurry hurry before there gone,,lol

-
Back