epabird

-

matthon

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of this?
Or can anyone answer the question of where it is now?

epabird.jpg

Cool, never heard of that one. Love to be the guy chaseing the jets down the runway. Neet clipping were did you find that.

I remember seeing a episode on I think it was either Musclecar TV or Horsepower about that car and how it was like the final nail in the coffin for muscle cars do to how fast it was. It has since been restored but I can't remember where it is.

I saw a story about it on an episode of musclecar back when Lou (can't remember his last name) was the host...Dean

Cool, never heard of that one. Love to be the guy chaseing the jets down the runway. Neet clipping were did you find that.
I am always checking the internet for Superbird pics and info- its my lottery car. I think I would buy every Superbird that came up for sale if I could, fill my yard and yell at people who stopped and asked if they were for sale- ha!

I am always checking the internet for Superbird pics and info- its my lottery car. I think I would buy every Superbird that came up for sale if I could, fill my yard and yell at people who stopped and asked if they were for sale- ha!
It's funny how things change. I remember in the 70's, no one wanted those cars. They were considered "goofy". There was a daily driver near my house, all beat up. The owner probably cursed it's length when trying to park it!

birds are beautiful. not a fun car to drive when its hot out.
always looking at the temp gauge.

000_0429.jpg

000_0444.jpg

Obviously the car had been through some sort of "restoration" before being sold. The text said something about EPA Turquoise color scheme & badges and also Automatic on the column with bench seat was replaced with buckets/console and H.D. 4 speed [/B which, except for the 4 speed, is not at all what you see in the "before" pics

It's funny how things change. I remember in the 70's, no one wanted those cars. They were considered "goofy". There was a daily driver near my house, all beat up. The owner probably cursed it's length when trying to park it!
I read that some wing cars had the nose and wings removed by the dealerships because they could not sell them, then sold them as regular Road Runners- and they ended up looking like this:

http://www.carsinbarns.com/Superbirds & Daytonas/pg24.html

-
Back