Epic Fail mechanical work done by shops (pics)

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
I thought just for the pure entertainment factor I would start this thread of work shops did and got paid for instead of getting punched in the mouth.
I have been collecting what I call "Hack Job" pictures from FABO for years.
No fake stuff please, just real paid for (work?) done to cars.

I'll start with a rear shackle relocation, and an X pipe. :D

hangar.jpg

Hacked X pipe.jpg

BOTH OF THOSE JOBS WOULD BE A CAUSE FOR A FIRST RATE HANGING IN MY SHOP AND THEN YOU WOULD BE FING FIRED

BOTH OF THOSE JOBS WOULD BE A CAUSE FOR A FIRST RATE HANGING IN MY SHOP AND THEN YOU WOULD BE FING FIRED

Come on now, tell the truth.:D
Bodily harm would probably also be involved wouldn't it?

I think a hanging could be classified as bodily harm. Lol

A hanging is over to quick though, and no blood involved. :D
I think only blood would make it right if it were my car.
And a little screaming maybe. LOL

A hanging is over to quick though, and no blood involved. :D
I think only blood would make it right if it were my car.
And a little screaming maybe. LOL
No blood huh? Use a 30' platform and a 20' rope! Course that wouldn't solve the "over too quick" part. Lol

Bodily harm could take as long as it would to repair there bad work. But I think this tread was started to point out some of the unsafe and slip shot work people do in the name of repair and restoration of someone else's vehicle. I'm sure they do the same quality work on newer vehicle as well not just the classic's.
It still goes back to buyer beware, if you can't find someone to say any thing good about a shop why in gods name would you take you car there for anything.

There is a guy here in Plant City FL. that has a shop that builds "custom rods" This is some of his work he did putting a 440 RV engine/727 in a 76 Dart. A friend of mine bought this car from him and owned it long enough for me to put in on my lift and "check" out "Daddy O's" work. He installed it with the front sump pan cutting away all of the K-member to get it to fit, used the RV short 727 with the fixed yoke and had to have a truck style driveshaft made for it. Check out the fenderwell exhaust and the "custom" headers! It was a butchered mess! Also he welded the spiders in the 7 1/4 rear. I wouldn't let my buddy drive it. We towed it to his house and he sold it for parts. Oh he paid 2500.00 for this.

76 Valient that daddy o's butchered.jpg

76 Valient that daddy o's butchered-1.jpg

76 Valient that daddy o's butchered-6.jpg

76 Valient that daddy o's butchered-8.jpg

76 Valient that daddy o's butchered-9.jpg

76 Valient that daddy o's butchered-2.jpg

76 Valient that daddy o's butchered-4.jpg

76 Valient that daddy o's butchered-5.jpg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I thought just for the pure entertainment factor I would start this thread of work shops did and got paid for instead of getting punched in the mouth.
I have been collecting what I call "Hack Job" pictures from FABO for years.
No fake stuff please, just real paid for (work?) done to cars.

I'll start with a rear shackle relocation, and an X pipe. :D

View attachment 1714960703

View attachment 1714960704
Here is the shop I payed Mopar only guy ... just moved from New York to Melbourne Fla had him remove a narrowed 8-3/4 and narrow and install Dana 60 410 gear Detroit locker installed the coil over bracket in the wrong spot and delivers it like that like it's ok. ... within a week welds broke on the ladder bars did not even make one pass he also installed disc brakes ... The drums stopped Better the master seeps brake fluid out of the filler caps
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
! Now 50 miles or less the Dana howls like crazy I'm waiting for him for weeks to fix this disaster RANT OVER .. Can not post his name yet for fear he will not fix /or refund my hard earned money

Here is the shop I payed Mopar only guy ... just moved from New York to Melbourne Fla had him remove a narrowed 8-3/4 and narrow and install Dana 60 410 gear Detroit locker installed the coil over bracket in the wrong spot and delivers it like that like it's ok. ... within a week welds broke on the ladder bars did not even make one pass he also installed disc brakes ... The drums stopped Better the master seeps brake fluid out of the filler caps View attachment 1714960780 View attachment 1714960781 View attachment 1714960782 View attachment 1714960783 ! Now 50 miles or less the Dana howls like crazy I'm waiting for him for weeks to fix this disaster RANT OVER .. Can not post his name yet for fear he will not fix /or refund my hard earned money

WOW, hope he's capable of doing one or the other.

View attachment 1714960780 View attachment 1714960781 View attachment 1714960782 View attachment 1714960783 View attachment 1714960786 View attachment 1714960787 View attachment 1714960783 Here is the shop I payed Mopar only guy ... just moved from New York to Melbourne Fla had him remove a narrowed 8-3/4 and narrow and install Dana 60 410 gear Detroit locker installed the coil over bracket in the wrong spot and delivers it like that like it's ok. ... within a week welds broke on the ladder bars did not even make one pass he also installed disc brakes ... The drums stopped Better the master seeps brake fluid out of the filler caps View attachment 1714960780 View attachment 1714960781 View attachment 1714960782 View attachment 1714960783 ! Now 50 miles or less the Dana howls like crazy I'm waiting for him for weeks to fix this disaster RANT OVER .. Can not post his name yet for fear he will not fix /or refund my hard earned money
That proves that a pretty weld doesn't mean a good weld! Dude that sucks! I feel so sorry for you. I just got over a 9000.00 beating I took on a "great deal" from a "buddy" of mine. Hope your ordeal turns out better than mine.

That proves that a pretty weld doesn't mean a good weld! Dude that sucks! I feel so sorry for you. I just got over a 9000.00 beating I took on a "great deal" from a "buddy" of mine. Hope your ordeal turns out better than mine.

Initials G.J.?

Can you elaborate what went wrong?

No G.J. did a fair job for me. I'm talking about a restoration shop in Milton Fl. Gave me a price of 7K in paint, I pulled the plug at 12.5K and not even close to paint.

Just Damn..... I can fab basic stuff,I hate sending work out to sublet,for just these reasons... Damn....

No G.J. did a fair job for me. I'm talking about a restoration shop in Milton Fl. Gave me a price of 7K in paint, I pulled the plug at 12.5K and not even close to paint.

Was ready to be surprised, seemed like he knew his stuff and did good work. Sucks about the other shop...hopefully the good deal on the Barracuda balanced things out.

Yeah Steve (GJ) is good people.I haven't heard from him in a while. Guess I need to call him. Yeah I'm excited with the Barracuda. I'm getting close to starting it for the first time.

When I was in Pensacola, in 2005 I dealt with a shop called Bryan's auto repair in Navarre FL. PM me & I'll send you the address & number. I got a tour of the shop & they had some real nice Mopars there.

-
Back