Epoxy Primer

-
I would say no, because epoxy is a two part mix that hardens.

No ,that is a great question,actually.I know none of the mainstream paint companies sell it rattlecan(PPG ,Valspar, and so on). If online,try tcpglobal,they sell custom and musclecar stuff.

I've been painting for 15 years and I have'nt come across it. Usually epoxy primer is 2-part(primer+hardener) so I could'nt see how it could be put into a can. Quality primer can run you 15.00 to 30.00 each rattle can. You would be better off buying qts. or gallons. 15.00 for a Harbor Freight spray gun. IMPORTANT- Any time you have bare metal you need to use a ETCHING primer, its slightly acidic and will etch itself to metal surfaces, otherwise it might flake. Available in rattle cans. Good luck

What are you doing? If your bodywork is done,check out Napa Martin Senour p/n 7220.This seals the work off,and "bites "into the pores of the metal and bodywork.Cost 7 to 10 a can.

Thanks Guys

I have small bare metal areas to do. KIII you say you can get etching primer in rattle can? who has the best?

You can go right over bare metal with Epoxy primer. No need to use Etching primer that is old school. Epoxy primer is the best first coat primer. Just make sure metal is clean and you wipe it down with Wax and Grease remover before spraying.

-
Back