[WANTED] EQ head

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
look up AAEQ in either Vegas or Chicago. I picked up my last pair off the loading dock in Chicago.
I've used 3 sets of these now, 1st set was bare, last 2 sets were bought assembled. one of those sets were LA intake bolt pattern, the other was stock Magnum intake pattern.
The set I bought bare I had GREAT luck with back around 2010. The last set I bought in ~2016, the as-stock-for-Magnum, was a train wreck. Tight guides, #4 exhaust stuck, crashed into piston with ~3 hours run time out of the box.
that made the assembled LA intake pattern heads, suspect. so my son pulled them and sent those in, and while not as bad as the Magnum set was, they too needed some work.... touch up on seats, etc....
buying bare and building up yourself, seems like the best bet on these. After I had the issue with the set bought for my Durango (and then let that thing sit 2-1/2 years on account of being pizzed off at it before I dug in to find out why that rebuild went bad, which has been my only rebuild to have done so) all of a sudden I saw lots of Google hits on similar problems with EQ heads that were manufactured around the same time mine were. supposedly they have those issues solved. EQ heads were GREAT when first introduced, then they had some problem with them (I heard they split off production, having sent some production to China, while still making them in Aussieland around that time)

just something to beware of....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back