ET estimates?

-
Should be in the high 8 low 9 sec 1/4 , with a good size slick

Really. Didn't think it would be that quick. Thought maybe mid 10s. Thanks for the reply.
Maybe you're right , friend runs a 408 Duster @ 10.4 -6 , don't think it is making 650 hp , maybe it does ? High 9's low 10's then ?

650 HP in a "streetable" weight Dart...Say 3200lbs with driver, would run 10.0's @ 133 imo. That said, that baby would have to be "right" from top to bottom as far as chassis, hook, converter, etc.

Would it compete with a Hellcat? My opinion is, it should smoke it :). But we are really comparing apples and oranges as far as i'm concerned. We're talking a radical street ride Vs something that can be driven daily...if you have the stones to regularly drive a "collector" car in city traffic, lol.

Even though the Hemi Dart, well done, would cost big bucks also, I'd still rather tool around in that on nice weekends then have a 2015/2016 sitting in my garage as a status symbol .

Really. Didn't think it would be that quick. Thought maybe mid 10s. Thanks for the reply.

A buddy of mine has about 600 ponies under his hood, similar gearing, same car and runs 9.40-50 in the 1320.

the eights would be low 6's.It might not make the 1/4.I had 32 tall tires and 4.88 and wouldnt make it.Didnt want to wind it up that far but 5.60 in the eighth easy @7,000

I guess I've just never been jazzed by the late model hot rods from the big 3. There are quite a few Challenger's in my area, and they are nice looking for the most part, but they are just regular cars imo. Adding 5,6,700hp to them really doesn't give me the "wow" factor I look for at my age. Honestly, I don't no why the manufacturers even make/sell cars like that? Guess it's still a my **** is bigger than yours deal. :D

All I know is, the few shows I've been to over the past few years, had nothing but big wheel, gullwinged door, electronic filled "gizmo" rides. I don't in the least fault any of those people for making those cars their own, it's just not me. :)

If both of your choices will be "weekend rides, just ask yourself what kind of attention a new Chally would get at crowded filling station vs a 69' Dart sporting a sweet sounding genII Hemi?

Looks like I made my mind up, I just wish I had the funding to make the choice you have. :D

No matter what you decide, I'm on board! Just get whatever beast you really desire and enjoy it.....Man, we only live once. :thumbrig:

It's only money. They make more.....
Send me pm and I'll shot you my email address for paypal - It's only money. They make more..... :D
that comment is borderline arrogant considering likely the vast majority of people on this forum (myself included) would love to have an extra $100 to spend on our mopar this month? I'd wish you all the luck but.....
one question - do you do your own work or do you pay to have that done too? :happy1:

Yes the car will be a street car it will have a cage, frame connectors, 572 mopar crate hemi (yes I know about the crate motors...have one in my 64 savoy and it has been a decent motor...). Not sure about the 833 or a 727...Opinions on that? It will be a hemi clone but without all the minutia that costs stupid money. Car most likely will be tubbed as it would be a real pain to put original tubs back in the car...The reason I mentioned the Hellcat is my local dealer has a Plum Crazy 2016 coming if I want it. I know I will have close to purchase price in this clone when all is said and done...so thinking where I want to stick my 60K. I agree the Hellcat would be nice if it were a daily driver but it would end up like my 08 viper...sitting in the garage...depreciating until I sold it. Always wanted a hemi dart clone so I guess now is as good of time to scratch that itch as any. All these cars are just weekend toys as I will drive my jeep for a daily driver. Thanks for the replies guys.
Well around Chicago the hellcats are not rare, they are poping up everywhere, and anyone with a decent job and ok credit can buy one. The hemi clone would get more positive vibes at the cruise ins and drag strips but at the end of the day it's still a clone. Sell the viper save up a few more years and get a 60's Farrari !!

Well around Chicago the hellcats are not rare, they are poping up everywhere, and anyone with a decent job and ok credit can buy one. The hemi clone would get more positive vibes at the cruise ins and drag strips but at the end of the day it's still a clone. Sell the viper save up a few more years and get a 60's Farrari !!
Or he could give his 60k to the *** monkey's and let them build him a 69 hemi dart...

-
Back