Even the Chinese won’t buy Chinese branded toys.

-

dust

B5PistolGrip.com
Reaction score
I thought this was interesting...

Chinese mother:
"Sure, foreign brands toys are about 40 percent to 50 percent more expensive than domestic ones, but I think it's worthwhile," said Wang, a churchgoing Christian who raises her son with her computer engineer husband.
Another Chinese mother:
The reason, she and other parents say: Foreign brands enjoy a reputation for higher quality — a perception reinforced by the product scares of recent months.

Article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071214/ap_on_re_as/china_s_toys

Last week I allowed my 8 year old son to participate in a "Santa's Workshop" at his elementary school last week. This is a fund raiser for his school. They purchase items at the "The Dollar Tree" for $1 then let the children purchase items for family on their list for $2 each.
Two nights ago on our local news, there was a story about items from "The Dollar Tree" store that have been recalled. None of the items listed were what my son bought, but he said that there were a lot of kids buying the yellow cars and busy-beads toys that were listed for their little brothers and sisters. I contacted a few parents in my neighborhood and found three items on the recall list.
We parents got together and notified the school and a notice was sent out to the other parents about this matter and they are giving refunds. :cheers::cheers:

-
Back