Ever get the wrong parts from members?

-

jtisdale

Reaction score
Hi was woundering if anyone has gotten the wrong parts from a member. What was your out come??

Never have, but I would sure hope that the original seller realizes the error and reimburses for the incorrect parts, and pays for the consumer to either ship the parts back to him/her or scrap them. It would be the sellers error and the seller should take care of biz.

-RPM

not from a member, but off of ebay. i contacted the seller, he sent me the right part. i offered to send him back the wrong part, on my dime, but he told me to not worry about it.

not a wrong part but I have got a bad part from a member.

we talked about it and I told him to simply give me a partial refund that way I was not completely out what money I had spent and he was not out the money he spent on shipping.

I've sent the wrong part to a member here once. No biggie, it was something cheap and I refunded the $. it turned out the part didn't fit like I thought it would. I have also in the past mixed up the labels on two different parts that I sold. I just paid for shipping to each guy and had them forward each others parts to themselves. **** happens.

I sent the wrong part to a FABO member #-o. He sent it back w/ a gift :-D. Then I sent him the right part. FABO rocks.......

Wrong parts? No, not yet.

Ugly, beat up, molested, neglected, filthy, nasty, more suitable for the scrap pile than your engine bay? Yeahhhhhh, all the time.

I thrive on it. :-D

I was susposed to be getting a /6 from a member once and they sent me a 426 hemi in error... oh well.

Chuck

Wrong parts? No, not yet.

Ugly, beat up, molested, neglected, filthy, nasty, more suitable for the scrap pile than your engine bay? Yeahhhhhh, all the time.

I thrive on it. :-D

Lee, you have no idea how tempted I am to make a typical "Russ" comment right now. I resemble that remark, you know.

You should know better with me hanging around. ;)

Russ.

I bought a pair of benchseat hinge covers (for $20 incl. SH) from a member for the '71 Dart and was sent a later style. When I contacted the member re: this, I was told to send the other ones back (on my dime) for a refund. At that point, it didn't seem worthwhile to send them back. I'm still looking for a pair if anyone has them.

Lee, you have no idea how tempted I am to make a typical "Russ" comment right now. I resemble that remark, you know.

You should know better with me hanging around. ;)

Russ.

Russ, you're in perfect company around here so comment away! LOL

And I'm not the one with the 8 foot wide pile of rusty bolts, nuts and washers on the ground outside my shop. < duckin > Guys, I went next door one day looking for a bolt ... Russ walks me outside ... points to the ground and says "there they are." I found exactly what I needed, and he even had the bench grinder ready to clean it up. :-D But now I have a blast cabinet. Neener neener!!!

Love and miss ya buddy. Muahhhhhh

I bought a pair of benchseat hinge covers (for $20 incl. SH) from a member for the '71 Dart and was sent a later style. When I contacted the member re: this, I was told to send the other ones back (on my dime) for a refund. At that point, it didn't seem worthwhile to send them back. I'm still looking for a pair if anyone has them.

Which ones ya get? I need a set for my '74 Bench Seat... I'll buy 'em if they are the ones I need.

Later,
Bruce B.

I have gotten a wrong pair of part's, at first seller wanted me to eat the shipping, the seller had measured the part incorrectly...so it was his bad...so he paid the shipping back, If I had ordered the wrong part I would have a spare.....If we were both incorrect would be fai to split the shipping back to seller...just be careful to order the right part,get good pic's of the part and good description of the part and a part # to be sure...if a boo-boo occurs,try to resolve it with a seller in a grown up way. before posting rant or name calling, be constuctive and look for a solution.....buyer remorse happens but not always the sellers fault.

-
Back