ever paint part of the motor without pulling it from the car?

-

jhaas63

Reaction score
I would like to add some hemi orange paint to my 318 that where it is chipping. I would probably clean it, rough it up, clean it again and then brush it on where it needs it. It wouldnt be worth pulling the motor. Anyone do this or have any suggestions?

I have done this before, I painted a 318 and put it in the car a few years back. this year I noticed the front of the block had some chips in the paint. I sanded it down, presure washed it, then I taped the inner fenders and engine mounts (and anything else not going engine color) and painted it, no over spray and you would never know

Those cheap sponge like brushes work well for touching up. You can also get some sheet plastic and cover up everything you don't want painted and spray it on. Wiping down with Wax and Grease remover before painting helps a lot.

i've used foil to wrap parts that I didn't want to paint, works pretty good.

i was told not to but i wanted to do the bay to with out pulling it ... but im going to wach this and go from there ..... thank u for starting this

i was told not to but i wanted to do the bay to with out pulling it ... but im going to wach this and go from there ..... thank u for starting this

the engine bay is very hard to paint without coating everything else, for an engine touch up (not a full paint job) it works okay

dd, it will look like **** black.....lol

mopars dont look good with black eng. bays

My nephew did this engine in the car........and it's done from the valve cover to the oil pan. I thought it turned out very nice. Sorry I don't have more pics.
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_5766 (Small).JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 66
well its mine to look like shnit lol .... Its a driver not a show car its a /6 car so there relly not much to show under there ... its just not going to show the motor grime and what not ... as for it being a chevy thing i know this lol ... im not putting a 350 in it lol i knew when i posted it i would get shnit for it ...... and it mite turn out to be bed liner cus im putting that on the under side of it any way yup im going to get more hell now lol well take er ez

-
Back