Ever see one of these? Super Rare 59 Dodge Sweptside!

-
Keith, looks like your old man did a beautiful job. I wish my dad was into restoring cars, I`d sweet talk him into doing mine. I`ve been procrastinating for two years now, accumulated all the parts, but cant stand the thought of not being able to drive it for month`s on end, and having to drive my nissan UGH! lol I have no excuse now.

A guy that owned a bar when I was a teen had one. Sat in the parking lot everyday for a year or two. Looked just like that. The big three got into making their own versions of SPORT TRUCK during that time. I always thought Chrysler had the best. Chevy had one that I can't remember the name that looked good. About the same time Furd put one out that the bed and the cab were all one peice. Not many of those are around as body and frame flex bent the extremly long body panels. It was really weird to see a truck that the cab and the bed were one peice. The old Chevy Apache were cool trucks too. Sorry, I am a truck fan.

Brand x,s was called a Cameo

66340sedan,
beautiful truck your dad should be very pr0ud,he done a excellent job
always nice to see differnt projects.

Just found one of those in a barn, the guy says he wants to sell but he can't decide how much he wants for it.

I've never seen one of those before. it is one cool truck man, i wish i had one. does anyone have any pics of one of the ones with fury fins on it? i cant wait to see one of those in real life.

No fury fins. They used the Dodge 2 door wagon quarters to make these trucks. Oddly, the 2 door wagons are probably as rare as the trucks themselves. The one truck I know of happened to be where there was a 2 door wagon as well.

I assembled the engine for one one time. Come to think of it I need to adjust the valves again.
Funny, its identical to that one ;)

Alright! more pics...did any notice the radio on the roof/headliner....now that is a truck!

Mahalo!

Hello 66340SEDAN and fellow Mopar owners,

I love the pictures of your Dad's truck because not only was the trucks built in the year I was born but the truck is in deed a piece of ART made buy American hands. Very limited in production because of the chosen few crafted men that got assigned to build them in a large room behind the plant. Just knowing that alone will make this the most sought after truck around. Owning one of these trucks will be a profitable investment. I have given 66340SEDAN and his family the first chance to bid on another one of these trucks that I have in my possession as we speak. In a few days I will be posting a new thread with more details and pictures about a 1959 Sweptside Dodge truck I will have for sale. PM me with any question you may have. Thank you!

Those quarter panels on those trucks were the same used on the cars and station wagons. The were just grafted onto a step side pick up bed. It was a wonderful idea, and a very inexpensive way of taking on the Chevy Cameo's of the time.
Looked pretty damn cool, too.

Hi everyboby..I,m the proud owner of this truck that 66340sedan posted here. My friend and I bought these two Sweptsides;57 and 59 from an aquaintance of mine. They look like twins but when you restore two of them and compare parts there are a lot of differences.the 57 rear quarters are longer than the 59 and the stainles is also 1 inch longer. They did use 2Dr quarters but they added aprox. 12" to the total length. This is the first time I've read this Thread and thanks for great comments. Pete

-
Back