Ever see one of these? Super Rare 59 Dodge Sweptside!

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my dads 1959 Dodge Sweptside he just finished restoring. They only made 100 of these in 1959, only 12 are known to exist today, this truck actually raises that number to 13. It is all original except for the radial tires. It has a 318 poly with a 3-speed manual trans. These trucks were assembled with 2-door 57-58 Dodge station wagon rear fenders mounted on a stepside box. I only have the one pic but will try to get more soon.

GetAttachment.jpg

Those were and still are sharp looking trucks. Very nice.

I love those trucks. Some one a very long time ago did a thread on this site about an old yard in the southwest somewhere and there was one sitting there just waiting for it's next owner.

Yup seen one at Commerce GA couple years ago. Same color scheme too.
At first glance you would thing someone frenches car quarters on the truck box.LOL
The rubbers on the rear bumper that catch the dropped tailgate got stuck in my memory .

I first saw one at the Nats abot 15 years ago.I thought it was custom at first.
Jim

I know a guy here in my town that was doing one a few years ago, not too sure if he finished it or not. Sharp looking truck in my books.

Those are cool trucks,saw one similar to that at Carlisle a couple years ago but i think it was a 57 or 58 it had trim similar to a Fury.

the guy that now owns my `71 Cuda convertible has about 12 total of the 3 years they were made. I seen pictures of several lined up and then went to a shop he stores cars in and seen 3 or 4 in the one building.

very cool and rare trucks

First time for me,:cheers: That I can remember
That is one very cool truck, I bet the big money ranchers
went crazy over them, Give your dad a big congratulations
on a job well dun :thumbrig: I can't wait to see the interior and all the chrome
on the front end, A nice touch on the tire's too.:-D

They were built from 57-59. Supposedly there were 500 built each year. And yes, I know where one is

A guy that owned a bar when I was a teen had one. Sat in the parking lot everyday for a year or two. Looked just like that. The big three got into making their own versions of SPORT TRUCK during that time. I always thought Chrysler had the best. Chevy had one that I can't remember the name that looked good. About the same time Furd put one out that the bed and the cab were all one peice. Not many of those are around as body and frame flex bent the extremly long body panels. It was really weird to see a truck that the cab and the bed were one peice. The old Chevy Apache were cool trucks too. Sorry, I am a truck fan.

Seems I'm in the minority here, don't think I've ever seen one before. That is one Bee-u-tee-ful truck!

Saw one at Carlisle, and in a magazine or two...definitely a cool vehicle!

I seen one exactly like that one at a big Chrysler show.it was at the Chrysler plant in Brampton ,Ontario Canada.The old guy that ownd it was overjoyed with the interest by the younger crowd that had gathered around.You could hear it in his voice when he talked about the truck and how rare it was.Very Cool!!

-
Back