Ever seen one of these?

-
I used to repair those when I worked for Audiovox. I must have fixed a thousand LOL That is actually a 8 Trask to Cassette adaptor.

I had forgotten that Sparkomatic brand! I had a underdash stereo made by them in the late 70's. It was about one step below Sounddesign components!

After that I finally made the decision to by my first real quality car stereo and decided on the Pioneer Supertuner. The tough decision was should I go with cassette or the better audio sound of 8-track? Decisions, decisions...I was into sound so I bought the 8-track - what a tool! Oh well, I dropped the huge sum of $99 on my 8-track Supertuner at Leo's Stereo in the San Fernando Valley. It was a great stereo though...

Love the car, what are your plans for it?

I plan on doing a ground up restoration. I should be done with my Duster by July so it will be next falls project. I plan on getting it cleaned up and road worthy though in a few weeks. The AZ sun did a number on the paint and leather interior.

By the way guys I love hearing all the old stories. Glad you are enjoying the flashback.

In the mid-90's my buddy Steve inherited his dad's '76 Town Car, and we scored one of those adapters at Trash n' Treasures. One CD-to-Cassette adapter and a discman and we were rollin' the latest n' greatest.

Then some thug stole it. I spotted the CD player in a pawn store a few weeks later but since they didn't file a police report...

-
Back