everybody likes junkyard pics

-

Bulldozer

free ice cream sandwiches
Reaction score
i took a road trip out to my buddies yard today. he has over 800 cars that are pre 90s. in past years he has been crushing due to the economy. he sells a buttload of parts overseas and does not ever advertise, as this is a private collection and not a wrecking yard. i was out there last summer and he had over 1200 cars. this is a little of everything, though mainly GM. there are a crapload of C bodies but very few mopars are left. this place is so huge that the only way too see it all is by driving. i took the duster out for a little muddin and i was snapping shots as i was driving. the pictures kind of suck because it was so bright outside today, but i thought i would share. i will do this in segments because i took about 25 pics, although i could have taken hundreds. while i was there i scored a set of 15 x 7 steel wheels off a dodge van. the first pics are a 73 road runner and a 64 dart GT 273 console bucket seat car, and a couple C bodies. there are big block cars galore. not many really special cars, there are a few darts, chargers, about 13 cordobas, a couple dusters , i just didnt have time to drive the land to get pics, but i will be going back out later this spring to get details. this is only a preview.

Attachments

• 0k.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 727
  • 0l.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 739
  • 0p.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 729
the dart GT and a 66 charger that passed me on a trailer . this charger is going to get shipped to sweden to be restored i **** you not. it is a 440 4 speed B5 blue with white interior complete car though it is in pieces

Attachments

• 0u.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 718
  • 0g.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 731
next are a 70 chevelle ss and 69 z28 both 396 4 speed cars. ya i know they are chebbies. also is a 40s dodge

Attachments

• 0n.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 711
  • 0t.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 710
a 75 road runner and one of the many cordobas

Attachments

• 0i.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 704
  • 0o.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 723
yet more C bodies

Attachments

• 0j.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 731
  • 0r.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 698
  • 0s.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 704
  • 0v.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 723
this guy loves corvairs and vans...

Attachments

• 0c.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 702
  • 0d.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 697
  • 0e.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 714
more ..a 15 x 7 on a dodge van

Attachments

• 0h.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 688
  • 0f.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 691
  • 0a.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 679
  • 0b.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 693
it is about 40 miles east of the springs. i cant wait to get back out there and take a real good look

Why not grab those brake caliper mounts off the c bodies and sell them? Also that 69 z28 never came with a 396, it's a DS 302 (290 HP) small block car. Next time you go out there, see if the z28 has rear disc brakes and if that Chevelle a functional cowl induction.

Sure, the day I ship your 15" steelies you buy another pair.....lol! Looks like a great yard, cars look decent and complete, does he sell parts off them?

Sure, the day I ship your 15" steelies you buy another pair.....lol! Looks like a great yard, cars look decent and complete, does he sell parts off them?
lol i know keith!! go figure huh , i just couldnt pass them up. i honestly didnt expect to come across any but i figured i might as well grab them while i was there. i have total access to roam and everything is for sale, but he is very anal about certian cars, but the mopar stuff is mostly up for grabs. as far as the 69 396 , i could not say any different because i have no clue what those things came with. it did have a motor

Man that is something we dont see around here anymore.. thats why we hoard lol..

Cool pics

grant

Man that is something we dont see around here anymore.. thats why we hoard lol..

Cool pics

grant

u pull n pay has taken over and we all know the story there. there is only one other yard like this left in this area. i refuse to go out there, because the owner makes you wait in the office while his son goes out and pulls your part and then bends you over the counter on price.

All those cars would sure give me a "Colorado Rocky Mountain High" while touring!

nothing like yarding on the front range in march with 68* temps.
All those cars would sure give me a "Colorado Rocky Mountain High" while touring!

there were so many cars i couldnt get pics of. the bodies look rough but the stainless on most of them is next to perfect. the air is so dry here, it takes a long time for them to rust
Cool yard, tell him to quit crushing. That 63 Valiant wagon had some nice headlight rings on it. And cool Imperial!

u pull n pay has taken over and we all know the story there. there is only one other yard like this left in this area. i refuse to go out there, because the owner makes you wait in the office while his son goes out and pulls your part and then bends you over the counter on price.

You must be talking about Webs, in Calhan. What's the story on the 75 Roadrunner, I'm semi looking for a summer driver to work on?

lmao ~ yep you guessed it ! there was an episode of dog the bounty hunter out at webs and the fight was on ! cant stand that yard. i didnt ask him the cost on rollers , though most would go for scrap prices.

You must be talking about Webs, in Calhan. What's the story on the 75 Roadrunner, I'm semi looking for a summer driver to work on?

thanks Ma , i will get a bunch more next time im out there. he told me they have had 5-6 foot drifts the last few weeks. the weather has been warm , so a most of it has melted but it was muddy as all get out lol

Cool picks my man (as usual!!!)

Ma Snart

I saw a yellow duster back there. See if he will take 500 for it.I will come get it.

I saw a yellow duster back there. See if he will take 500 for it.I will come get it.

lol that ones not for sale but, there is a 71 twister out there next to a 73 duster. i would have needed a 4x4 or some hip waders to get to it lol

-
Back