Everyone who has MP valve covers and breather cover

-

DartThis74

Reaction score
I have a question for you. I bought a set of the aluminum MP valve covers and breather cover for my 360 and I wanted to know what type of breathers,pvc valves, and grommets y'all had used with them. Pictures would be nice as well for me to reference. Thanks everyone !!

I believe there is a special breather grommet set that you can buy for those thicker aluminum covers from the dealer directly.

found it at Jegs!
312-P5007921.jpg

http://www.jegs.com/p/Mopar+Performance/747061/10002/-1

I only have one of the knocks outs removed for the PCV valve, used a Mr. Gasket Grommet but had to modify it to fit. On the twist off filler oil on the passenger side towards the back I am using a Mr. Gasket breather in place of the cap.

Thanks y'all. So.... If I buy the breather cap/grommet seat from Mopar directly would there be any need to get a PCV valve, or is the pcv completely different than the breather?

PCV valve sucks the fumes out of the engine. The breather lets air back in. At a minimum you need a breather. PCV may be required to pass visual emission equipment check during inspection but it also helps prevent oil leaks past gaskets by keeping a slight vacuum in crankcase.

I found a screw-in breather thing with a hole for a PCV on top at AutoZone. Fits real nice...

IMG_0043.JPG

It took a while, but I used the set that mopar Performance offered, but I had to heavily modify the valve covers. I removed all the extra thickness from the inside of the valve cover with a die grinder till they fit. Mine do seal very well like this.

-
Back