Evil Scamp!

-

3404speed

Ancient Decrepit Member
Reaction score
Hey, I have a certain fondness for you black Scamp!
I had one for a while with lots of plans to make it a sleeper, but it got totalled by another car 12/31/99. Bummer. Broke all the toes on my left foot. That sucked. Seeing yours sure makes me want another Scamp, but , alas they are getting hard to find in good shape. I hav a lotof stuff around for a bodies( and many other bodies-execpt extra toes for me) and would like to play assemble a fun toy some day.
Regards,

John, Gillett Pa
340 4speed 69 Dart Swinger, 72 Cuda, 71 Cuda, 440 4speed 69 GTX, 383 4speed Superbee, etc. etc .etc. Too Many projects, too little time!

i know what you mean. i love the shape on my scamp and it's in awsome condition being 32 years old and living on the west coast. i am just lucky i got it from my fiances grandma, who always parked it in her garage. untill i bought it it only spent 2 nights outside of a garage and that was when my inlaws took it for their honeymoon. i've had several people ask me if i want to sell it and there's just no way i will ever sell it! good luck on finding another scamp, and better luck with your toes.
17038146_img.jpg

Wow! nice!...keep it clean and simple, I like 'em that way. Like take a 69 Valiant , paint it white and put a "crate 360" type motor in it and go kick butt!
Ha!
Over the years I got a shark tooth duster grille, 340 motors, trannys(auto and 4 speed), 8 3/4 rear, big bolt axles, new springs, buckets, slap stick, wheels galore, scoops, a/c setup, disc brake setup, and lotsa trinkets that make the car look and feel better.
I don't want to modify the dart since it's pretty close to stock and Matching #s. So, eventually, I'll find something. Not real high on my priority list, but if something came around at the right price.... Really should finish the 74 duster that I stuck a 69 273 2 bbl/ auto/ 8 3/4 2.73:1 rear. That was gonna be a cruiser.
Man I just need to find some time! Been away from actively doing anything for about 10 years( I own 4 Domino's Pizza stores and have really just been working). These boards really get me itching though!

Thanks 3404speed :D
I bought about 6 years ago,rebuilt all the suspension and upgraded to an 8 3/4 rear and disc-brakes also changed and or replaced other parts here and there.
I see your from Gillett Pa.,i'm from Pa. also Shamokin to be exact where is Gillett located?

Here's a couple more pix of it.
58138741.jpg

52859426.jpg

52859443.jpg

58138741.jpg

52859426.jpg

52859443.jpg

Gillett is really my mailing address. I acually live about 15 miles away from there near a small town named Bentley Creek. Its between Rt 15 and Rt 220 just below RT 17 in NY. I can almost spit on NY from my back door(no one will see me- I'm out in the country).
I know the Domino's Pizza owner from Shamokin, and I used to live in Williamsport for 10 years. Looks like you live out of town judging by the photos...
Yeah, the car definitely looks good.

Its a 72. To change to that grill, you would have to change the hood, filler panel under the grill and maybe the bumper-that could be a problem cause the 72 used a different bumper attachment than the 73 5-mph crash style bumper.
Keep yours the way it is! I like the 73-4 style. 75 is kinda ugly.

3404speed said:
Gillett is really my mailing address. I acually live about 15 miles away from there near a small town named Bentley Creek. Its between Rt 15 and Rt 220 just below RT 17 in NY. I can almost spit on NY from my back door(no one will see me- I'm out in the country).
I know the Domino's Pizza owner from Shamokin, and I used to live in Williamsport for 10 years. Looks like you live out of town judging by the photos...
Yeah, the car definitely looks good.

Yep i'm about a mile outside of town.
It looks better in the pix than it does in person,it's gonna need qtrs. and trunk floor exts. before to long.
That's gonna be my next project after i get my Duster done.
If your ever down this way feel free to drop in for a visit. :)

Rob,340 4-speed is right you would have to pretty much change the entire front clip to use an older grille.
I know a guy with a 73 that went to a 72 frontend and rear bumper because he didn't like the pointed grill on the 73's.

-
Back