Excellent You Tube Videos on Rust Repair, Panel Fab, etc. WATCH THEM!!

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
I see people asking rust repair / patch panel questions all the time. I came across a series of videos on You Tube called Fitzee's Fabrications that will answer 99% of these questions in a very efficient manner. . Fitzee is just a good old boy who is very good with rust repair, fabbing patch panels, welding patch panels in, and lots of welding tips. He uses a technique for welding in patch panels called "Cut and Butt." It is a genius method that I use a lot now. I always thought I was pretty good at fabbing and welding in patch panels, but I learned a LOT watching these videos. Try one of the rust repair ones and you will be hooked too.

Thanks Mike!
I see people asking rust repair / patch panel questions all the time. I came across a series of videos on You Tube called Fitzee's Fabrications that will answer 99% of these questions in a very efficient manner. . Fitzee is just a good old boy who is very good with rust repair, fabbing patch panels, welding patch panels in, and lots of welding tips. He uses a technique for welding in patch panels called "Cut and Butt." It is a genius method that I use a lot now. I always thought I was pretty good at fabbing and welding in patch panels, but I learned a LOT watching these videos. Try one of the rust repair ones and you will be hooked too.

X 2 on Fitzee! I've learned a lot from watching his videos. I plan on practicing his cutting technique to butt weld sheet metal with some scrap.
It works great. I am retired now. I have a sandblasting cabinet, powder coating oven in my garage. I keep busy blasting and powder coating. It's nice to have a hobby that you can actually make money on. I've always done OK on rust repair and butt welding my own panels, but his cut and butt method works GREAT. It is SO much faster than spending lots of time getting the patch perfectly trimmed; then you have to fit it perfectly in place while making the first few tacks. For a few years I have been doing radical rust repair. I recently restored two 1972 Toyota Land cruiser doors that were in very bad shape. I used the cut and butt method, and probably saved at least 2-3 hours per door. I use a 3" cutter with 1/16" cutting disks. I feel more comfortable with that.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

-
Back