Excited, just got offered a Mastiff

-

Backtobasics

Reaction score
I have always wanted a Mastiff. Big Beautiful regal dogs. Someone from church has offered me a 1 year old, that has been raised around kids. Part of me is greedy and would like the puppy time, plus the chance to lay the foundation my way, but on the other hand, 1 year old is pretty young, and to have been raised around kids is critical (I have 8/4 and 2 year old twins)

:toothy10:

PS, I already have a Great Dane, so size is not a concern.

great dogs my inlaws have a neopoliton named Sophie. Sadly she died from Bloat at 6 years old. Sweetest dog ever though.

Is the Mastiff a boy ? The male will be a pup for another year from my experience and ready to learn, and is your Great Dane a male ? and how old is he or she ?
I think it is best to have a pair of dogs, they seem to be more happy if they have a friend.

That's so funny and cool! Someone my wife works with just offerd her a boxer puppy! 8)

We had a mastiff when I was younger, beautiful dogs. Congrats.:cheers:

Our dane is a female. She was leader when our other one was around (gone a month) :(

Mastiff is male (i'm told) so the 2 big dogs will have to meet each other for sure.

Wait till you have to pick them turds up. You will wish you had gotten some kinda terrier.

My wife wants a French Mastiff.....until I mention the drooling problem....

My son has a 17 month old Neopolitan Mastif, Conrad. Beautiful, mild mannered 170 lb. dog. The only negative is the drool/slobber.

Rotties are of the mastiff family and they seem to have the same temperment. Congratz and be sure to post pics!

Introduce the dogs on nuetral terrritory like a park or something, then you'll know if they'll get along.

My sister has 2 Great Danes and 2 Bull Mastiffs that all stay inside and share the bed with her. Great dogs. Crazy girl.

-
Back