exhaust fumes

-

mac daddy mopar

Reaction score
I needed to adjust my air/fuel mix on my thermoquad, and it seems to like a hair over 3 turns, idles 800 rpm, and holds a steady 9 on the vacuum gauge, I don't know the cam size, but I know it has a lot of over lap, now what can I do about the fumes? I'm talking burn your eyes and make you cry fumes, before I got the carb set, I couldn't get it to idle below 1100 rpm, but now the idle is fine, stays running in drive and starts right up, my timings set at 10 btdc, thanks.

Mark

DO you have a non heated intake, like the air gap?

Even so its been warm lately, maybe the carb isn't pulling down the rods enough do to the low vacuum of the hoter cam. Try changing the metering rod springs to lighter ones.

it's a stock iron intake, I was told to adjust the metering rods, if that don't work I'll change the springs, thanks.

Mark

Just check if the rods are down when the motor is idling. On the AFB and maybe T.Q. you can slid the rod cover loose and look-feel if the rod is down, just tap it with your finger, should be down, if not you found the problem.

9 inches is low. Its unlikely the rods are that rich on the lean side, if the rods are up then its on the rich side.

I would check/change the springs before messing around with the rods

-
Back