Exhaust gasket sealer

-

green72

Reaction score
I need to use some type of RTV or other product to seal the choke pocket gasket on my /6. Is high temp RTV or Hylomar gonna do the job? They are rated for about 700 deg. is that enough or is there something else out there?

First off, make sure the opening in the manifold is totally clean and FLAT, and the choke well is clean. You may need to file or sand. Next, try making a gasket with high-temp (grey) gasket paper. If everything is clean and flat, that should be plenty (that's how it came from the factory). If you must put schmutz on it Permatex Ultra Copper is your best bet.

If you want to try to go without a gasket, and just glue/seal the choke well into the manifold, use "muffler paste". Make sure each piece is sanded totally clean first, and hope you don't need to get it apart again down the road.

I too am in need of the gasket. How has your solution worked for you so far? What did you end up doing?

I went with the muffler paste. Car has been driven ALOT this summer and all seems good. Just make sure it is really clean

-
Back