Exhaust manifold bolts/hardware?

-

Furious65

C-body Guy
Reaction score
I found some manifolds to use on my '68 Barracuda w/318. (thanks again @dart_man440!) Driver is a '73 B/C/E body manifold (3751084B) and the passenger is a '68 318 manifold (2465769).

Now I need hardware to mount it to the engine. Anyone know of a reasonable kit (those conical washers are ridiculous $$$!) that can be purchased that will work on both? Can I use ordinary grade 8 bolts and regular washers instead? How about the exhaust outlet gaskets to fit each one? Sorry, been a long time since I have dealt with exhaust manifolds!

Oh, anyone see that '73 manifold being an issue on an A body?

If I remember right, the manifold will work. But your pipe bender will have some choice words for you, The outlet comes real close to the steering shaft or coupler-I don't remember. Someone on here surely has the hardware you need.

A 68 318 manifold doesn’t use a gasket, it has the Machined bevel for the pipe to seal on it.

there must be a reason they made a special A body manifold then the one you have for BCE body.

I found some manifolds to use on my '68 Barracuda w/318. (thanks again @dart_man440!) Driver is a '73 B/C/E body manifold (3751084B) and the passenger is a '68 318 manifold (2465769).

Now I need hardware to mount it to the engine. Anyone know of a reasonable kit (those conical washers are ridiculous $$$!) that can be purchased that will work on both? Can I use ordinary grade 8 bolts and regular washers instead? How about the exhaust outlet gaskets to fit each one? Sorry, been a long time since I have dealt with exhaust manifolds!

Oh, anyone see that '73 manifold being an issue on an A body?

Kelly, I left you a message, I might have the washers. Give me a call,
Rob.

The end holes get studs, get them at the hardware store. They are in water jackets, seal them with hi-temp teflon sealer, they would like the conical washers. They are not that expensive. For a 318, if you want manifold to head gaskets, go back and get 273 gaskets. 340/360's are too large vertically. Grade 8 bolts for the rest. I have seen conical washers on all of the fasteners, or only 4 on the studs. Go ahead, make your day.

-
Back