Exhaust manifold N2 or N4

-

66sportsman

Reaction score
What is the difference between an exhaust manifold 3614395 N2 and a 4006741 N4?

From my study on this sight the 3614395 and the 4006741 are the same, but is there a difference between the N4 and N2?

I put a 1977 360 in my 1966 Barracuda. The left side exhaust manifold from the original 273 runs in to the block just under the port. I got a 4006741 N4 but it runs in to the power steering box. I could really use some help on this. Thanks.

I have a 3614395 N1 here that will fit the 1978 360 smog heads but you have to grind a little relief just below the lower rear smog port of the head on the driver's side to get it to fully clear. Not a big deal, get your clearance before you bolt it up with out the gasket. Smog ports get plugged anyway.

Also the same fits the non smog 360 J Heads better. Just double check if there are any Casting Lips sticking up, take a die grinder and get them out of the way.

I would think you can clearance grind for your 360 head just a bit to fit your original 273 manifold. then your exhaust pipe will bolt up the way it came out.

Same thing with the different casting numbers, just clearance fit your heads a bit to make them work. They are not far off, but they need the clearance so the exhaust gaskets will seal properly.

I have a 3614395 N1 here that will fit the 1978 360 smog heads but you have to grind a little relief just below the lower rear smog port of the head on the driver's side to get it to fully clear. Not a big deal, get your clearance before you bolt it up with out the gasket. Smog ports get plugged anyway.

Also the same fits the non smog 360 J Heads better. Just double check if there are any Casting Lips sticking up, take a die grinder and get them out of the way.

I would think you can clearance grind for your 360 head just a bit to fit your original 273 manifold. then your exhaust pipe will bolt up the way it came out.

Same thing with the different casting numbers, just clearance fit your heads a bit to make them work. They are not far off, but they need the clearance so the exhaust gaskets will seal properly.

-
Back