Exhaust manifold paint / anti-seize

-
Yes it works, you can rub it in and it looks nice, takes the heat pretty Good too.

Over Winter storage the humidity in the air will work through it and they will look a little rusty. Polish them up again.

Best product is the Rustolium high temp silver paint, after sandblasting the manifolds. Easy to touch up too with a brush if needed.

Screenshot_20230115-013125_Gallery.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

Last edited:
Works real nice on chrome plated exhaust that is just showing a little rust.

Steel wool it down them apply the anti-sieze and then polish it up with a terry cloth towel.

Kind of like waxing them out, looks real nice.

Same process for chrome wheels that are just starting to show a little rust.

Can also use it on the aluminized exhaust tubing to make it look new again, offers a little protection from the elements at the same time.

Even use it on my daily drivers rusty exhaust systems to give protection from external rusting.

Helps to buy some time before having to replace the system.

☆☆☆☆☆

I haven't done too much research about it but Cerakote coatings is something that I might consider for my exhaust manifolds.

I have had good luck with the POR15 manifold paint.
I haven't tried the por 15 manifold version yet though I've used lotsa por 15 on other surfaces.
The only one I can say I won't use again is their engine paint.
I HAVE used the KBS version of the manifold paint and so far it's holding up very well

I haven't tried the por 15 manifold version yet though I've used lotsa por 15 on other surfaces.
I HAVE used the KBS version of the manifold paint and so far it's holding up very well
Who is KBs?

Look into Slip-plate. You can get it in a spray can. Its a farm implement graphite lubricant. The jeep & 4x4 guys use it, i guess they find it repels mud and holds up to heat.

Is Anti Seize even available in silver anymore? I find it nowhere to be seen around here, just the copper colored. Besides, that's might expensive "paint".

-
Back