Exhaust manifold weight?

-

Fisher

Old Guy with a Cool car.
Reaction score
All my searches came up nill on here and on the net.

Shipping weight of the new TT1 1-3/4 headers are 45 lbs. What does a stock BBD exhaust manifold weigh?

So far i have collected the weights of all the new parts and cast that i have. Between Heads, intake, mini starter, waterpump All aluminum VS Cast there is a 75 LB saving over cast. Just currious what the headers are over manifolds.

Iron 1978 400 manifolds were 50 pounds and headers are 25 pounds. I did all that math years ago and figured with an aluminum intake, water pump housing, headers, and losing the power steering and brakes I was about the same as a stock 340. I ditched the A/C at the same time, but I don't think I figured that in.

The lo-po manifolds from my 78 c-body 440 weigh 55lb total on the bathroom scale

Thanks for the replies. TTI said the headers in the box ready to ship are 48 LBS so lose 3 pounds for the box and packing and i figure 45 lbs.

You should check with TTI regarding the actual weight of the headers, 45lbs seems like a lot. When stating the shipping weight are they using the dimensional weight for oversize packages that UPS charges?

I will weigh both headers when i get the motor off the dyno next week, then i will know for sure.

A few months back I weighed tti 2" coated headers and b-body HP manifolds.
Wasn't even 2 lbs difference between the two pairs. They are both heavy compared
to about any other header made. Decided to go with the tti's for the increase in
performance since the weights were so close.

Keep in mind that the headers also replace the headpipes down
to where the collectors would be.

Keep in mind that the headers also replace the headpipes down
to where the collectors would be.

Yes old man Mopar is correct. This would be around 4 foot of pipe added to the manifolds to reach back to where the header collectors end.
With the weight of this pipe added to the manifolds they might weight a couple pounds more than the headers. Without the down pipes headers are heavier than the manifolds.
The tti's are 16 ga. With thick flanges. Very heavy as far as headers go. (Used to picking up Hooker Super Competition)
I'm using my tti's on a street car where the weight is not as important as fit, sealing and
life span of the part. From what I've read on here most people seem to like them?
I hope they workout OK for me as they are the most expensive headers I've ever bought.

If you want heavy, try a Street Hemi or Max Wedge stock manifold.
No, I don't know the exact weight, but it is a lot.

-
Back