Exhaust/Muffler(s) For a /6

-

jpeshelman

Reaction score
I've heard some pretty descent sounding cars on youtube, but nothing in person. What is your favorite exhaust/muffler for a /6??

I barely can hear my car run right now, looking to do something a little different.

my Flowmaster Super 50 Delta Flow 2.25 in and out is very quiet. you can barely hear it at idle and while driving with the windows down and radio off.

my super 44 is loud but its on a high compression race motor

I seen your Dart and it is beautiful jpeshelman, I kept mine quit but I like
to sneak in late at night.

I would think a short/small Flowmaster would change mine, it has a stock 273 V8 quit muffler on it now, did you see/listen to the cool video in the Show us your slant six A bodies thread and hear the /6 a member has posted second to the last page, he is running single I believe but it's a larger pipe and deferent cam .. Wish I could help. Nice Dart by the way :thumleft:

Thanks memike, its great driving down the road, but I would like to have a little bit more sound out of it without sounding terrible.

In my 74 dart with the automatic I started out with a single 2.5 inch with a dynomax super turbo and it deepened the sound and made a big deference in performance. I had to adjust the super six carb and adjust the timing but it ran real nice and got better fuel mileage.

Same car new aluminum 2 barrel intake with a holly 350 cfm Clifford headers. I switched the auto to a 4-speed overdrive. i ran the headers into an x-pipe with 2 inch out the back into flow master 40 series mufflers out chrome 340 a-body tips. It sounded mean but had a pretty bad drone at highway speed.

I think if I had put dynomax super turbo mufflers on with the second configuration I would have been more happy.

I used a 2 1/4 thrush welded muffler on my car with a full 2 1/4 all the way back. Sounds good and not too loud.

In my 74 dart with the automatic I started out with a single 2.5 inch with a dynomax super turbo and it deepened the sound and made a big deference in performance. I had to adjust the super six carb and adjust the timing but it ran real nice and got better fuel mileage.

Same car new aluminum 2 barrel intake with a holly 350 cfm Clifford headers. I switched the auto to a 4-speed overdrive. i ran the headers into an x-pipe with 2 inch out the back into flow master 40 series mufflers out chrome 340 a-body tips. It sounded mean but had a pretty bad drone at highway speed.

I think if I had put dynomax super turbo mufflers on with the second configuration I would have been more happy.

the super 40's have alot less drone, its what we use on our hemi cars

I have an old 40 series flowmaster w/non mendral bent 2.5" single exhaust on mine (it droned) I then added an old thrush glass pack after it right at the end of the system and it sounds just right. It has a nice noticeable rumble at idle but not obnoxiously load a highway speeds.

We just put some dynomax on our Dart wagon with dual exhaust. Nice and quiet at idle and a little rumble on accelaration.

Make sure to put the right amount of muffler fluid in them. Use the 6 cylinder fluid for your application. The wrong amount or kind of fluid may cause you to spin a muffler bearing.

-
Back