Exhaust proximity to fuel lines etc

-

1969dodgedart

Big Block 440
Reaction score
Just fishing for constructive thoughts/ advice on fuel lines / pump proximity to exhaust ? I've seen various pictures of different setups and I'm still looking for more examples.

look up the "slant 6 fuel line mod" to get an idea on what the factory did there, how modern gas doesnt like it, and what people did to remedy that

then consider how to carry it over to your application

IMHO the best thing you can do is install a return style fuel system to keep fuel circulating

(on my duster, i installed a new 3/8 fuel line and kept the old one 5/16 as the return)

since you are wondering where to put the pump, i supposed you are installing an electric one?

look up the "slant 6 fuel line mod" to get an idea on what the factory did there, how modern gas doesnt like it, and what people did to remedy that

then consider how to carry it over to your application

IMHO the best thing you can do is install a return style fuel system to keep fuel circulating

(on my duster, i installed a new 3/8 fuel line and kept the old one 5/16 as the return)

since you are wondering where to put the pump, i supposed you are installing an electric one?
Yes already have electric installed but when we installed 3" dual exhaust its a little to close for about 2' on the one side next to pump. I will look into your suggestions.

so you went up from 2.5" to 3" inch exhaust, which moved the exhaust 0.25" closer to the fuel line/pump...correct?

and i presume we are talking about the rear section of the car, roughly by axle
at that point there is still some heat left in the exhaust, but nothing close to the under hood temps

honestly, i wouldnt worry about it

so you went up from 2.5" to 3" inch exhaust, which moved the exhaust 0.25" closer to the fuel line/pump...correct?

and i presume we are talking about the rear section of the car, roughly by axle
at that point there is still some heat left in the exhaust, but nothing close to the under hood temps

honestly, i wouldnt worry about it
Actually whole new exhaust system and fuel system. Have a look in the member restorations under 69 under construction 440. By all means send your take. Thx

i just looked over your build thread and i dont want to help you anymore...im too jealous

all kidding aside, it looks like you got the exhaust and fuel line ran allready, and it looks good to me
short of adding a return, i dont see much room for improvements

i just looked over your build thread and i dont want to help you anymore...im too jealous

all kidding aside, it looks like you got the exhaust and fuel line ran allready, and it looks good to me
short of adding a return, i dont see much room for improvements
Thx . I'll pm you a picture tonight of the issue.

Look no further than a factory car. They ran fuel lines away from the exhaust. Just do it like they did.

-
Back