exhaust replacement

-

Miami Dolphins

El Diablo
Reaction score
looking to replace the current exhaust on my 1971 340 Demon from the originals manifolds back to the mufflers, do you guys recomend a kit and if so which one?
thank you

I have been looking for an exhaust for my 69 Dart, and the one I like best, and is cheapest is the TTI setup. Magnaflow and Dynomax don't make a kit for Mopars. Accurate is more expensive, and looks more restrictive, and Gardner only makes B&E bodies. I guess we aren't worthy...........

summit has the complete system I don't know if they will break it up or not I have been told that it fits real good also. like said tti sell part systems

E bay item #141127796817
anybody familiar with these guys?
Feedback seems good.

You didn't say what you have on there now and what kind of system you are looking for. If you car is stock and you want a stock replacement system, you want to go with Accurate. If you are looking for a system with larger diameter and mandrel bent pipes then Accurate isn't for you.

summit has the complete system I don't know if they will break it up or not I have been told that it fits real good also. like said tti sell part systems

Summit's 2.5" dual exhaust kit is awesome, and fits well. But, it doesn't include down pipes to use manifolds, its a header back system so you'd have to add downpipes into that cost for comparison. And definitely not stock if that's what you're looking for.

I just installed an Accurate system on my dart sport from manifolds to the rear bumper. I spoke with Tom before the Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle this year as his listings went up to 1974. I have a 1975 360. He couldn't locate my manifold numbers in his books so he settled on a 318 head pipe setup, which went right on with the exception of the R/S head pipe. the bell that goes over the manifold wasn't quite opened enough so a trip to the local pipe shop to have it opened took care of that. I got the entire kit, with all the clamps, hangers ect. I got it in 2/14. Good quality pieces and fit. To bad the system stayed boxed up in my trailer since July, but has been a hectic summer for me. I wasn't going for performance but I don't believe it would hamper it much, I like the sound and stock appearing. Good luck with whatever you decide. Myself I'm pleased, my two cents.

-
Back