Exhaust set up idea

-
Those come straight off the headers, so you'll probably run in to big problems when you get to the crossmember, depending how long they are.

Those come straight off the headers, so you'll probably run in to big problems when you get to the crossmember, depending how long they are.
x2.......also on most bargin headers the collectors are not in the same location...one is further back.

I think they would sound great. But i think if you own a welder i think you can make your own for much less. it would probably be a good idea to angle the turn down out the side a bit. you dont want to get too loopy off those exhaust fumes and crash the car!

Attachments

• 100_4841.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 261
  • 100_4842.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 260
  • 2009-04-25-1548-32.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 279
I ran a set like that behind my 440 GTX for years (in my younger days..). It is very loud, quite a bit of vibration to the floor pan too, but at WOT...nothing like it!!

If you do go this route I would relay one suggestion that I learned the hard way. Make sure to anchor the mufflers with their own supports as the weight over time created leaks and too much stress on your headers. I was just too young and cheap at the time...

i think they will not bolt up, more likely to just hit the transmission crossmember unless you have TTI headers wich are the only ones that i know of that actualy point towards the cutouts in the crossmember but they would probably point togheter to much anyway :(

Back in the day you could buy something similar that was painted purple. They were called Purple Hornies. They came with stickers to put on your car that said "I've Got The Purple Hornies!" I can only remember one person that actually ran a pair of them. I think he had a Nova. :-D

Back in the day you could buy something similar that was painted purple. They were called Purple Hornies. They came with stickers to put on your car that said "I've Got The Purple Hornies!" I can only remember one person that actually ran a pair of them. I think he had a Nova. :-D

those are still around today,made by flowtech8)

"I've Got The Purple Hornies. Yup and Cherry Bombs which I think are still out there. Those things were nasty, especially if you ran full length pipes like on a 1/2 ton pickup.

Back in the Miramar days, a kid had a '55 Chev, 327 I think, got a noise ticket. Went out and bought a new set of headers and Cyclone "Purple Hornies." He said the state cop wouldn't even come out of the office, just waved him away. Next day he was welding in about 4 old mufflers and flex pipe he dug out of the trash big at the auto shop. And of course the day after that the purples went back on.

I don't like 'em. Obnoxiously loud, in or out of the car, and subject to uh, "resonance" at several RPM ranges

I ran purple Hornies on my dart back in the early/mid seventies. Yes they were loud and hit the crossmember, but what the h@@l. Your only young once.

-
Back