exhaust size advice

-

lil red

Reaction score
need some input fellas....

I have an express truck and its about time to replace the mufflers. Right now it has 2 1/4 from the headers back. I'm limited to the 2 1/4 tailpipe size because of the stacks, but wondering if it's worth it to replace the 2 1/4 head pipes with 2 1/2 while i've got it apart.

the engine is about a 350 horse or so 360 with a set of 90's dodge ram shorty headers.... I'm thinking of using 2 1/2 inch inlet/outlet mufflers and adapting down to the exit side of 2 1/4

is it worth doing to gain any small gain in flow or would the limiting tailpipe size still choke the engine?

I would run 2-1/2 from the headers to the mufflers and 2-1/4 from the mufflers to the stacks as the exhaust gasses will cool and condense in the mufflers.

i run 3" all the way. Replaced the stacks with 3" aluminized and welded mounting tabs on to attach the shields, topped with Gibson 3.5" tips.

But then mine is a warlock with express goodies...
37302_1431372217454_6825395_n.jpg

.....now that is pretty cool.....ummm and pretty low ....... post some more pics of your exhaust arrangement

It'll have to wait until she comes back from the paint shop. My fathers Motorcycle fell on right rear fender. Flow tech ceramic coated headers with 3" collectors, 3" super 44's, and 3" out the top.

at 350 hp 2 1/4 will work just fine at about 400hp you can step up to 2 1/2

-
Back