Exhaust smell cured!

-

moparker

Reaction score
Had this problem forever. Replaced trunk seal, tail light gaskets and checked exhaust. Finally decided to pull the battery tray out of the trunk and see if any holes. YUP!! Three holes. Then I found a small opening by the passenger wheel well. Sealed everything up and no more stench!! What a great feeling when what you do on your car actually worked! Lol

Had this problem forever. Replaced trunk seal, tail light gaskets and checked exhaust. Finally decided to pull the battery tray out of the trunk and see if any holes. YUP!! Three holes. Then I found a small opening by the passenger wheel well. Sealed everything up and no more stench!! What a great feeling when what you do on your car actually worked! Lol
That's great! I need to tackle this same issue with Vixen. She needs a new trunk seal pretty badly.

I'm going from tail pipes out the back to a set of dumps at the axle for this season until I have time to build a new set of tailpipes. I'm sure I'll be doing the same thing, finding all the little holes that need to be sealed up to block the fumes.

It was great coming in the house and not hearing everyone bitchin that I smell like exhaust

I bet, that's the reason I went to having tailpipes in the first place! Got sick of having to change clothes after going for a ride. lol

-
Back