Exhaust tips

-

V-100

Valiant lover(?)
Reaction score
Since I will be putting TB coated headers and a 2.5" dual exhaust on the Scamp (with an X-style cross over). One thing I really hate are chintzy tips. You know the ones- shine doesn't last for more than a year, year-and-a-half, chrome flakes off and then rust. My plan for the Scamp is a built-right, built-on-a-reasonable budget cruiser. Thus, super expensive (yet very nice) tips are out of the question. Perusing the junkyard awhile back I found myself struck with Volvos. S70's to be exact. Seems they came with a 2.5" stainless steel exhaust system with a nice tip. A minute with a Sawzall and you can liberate them from their impending doom. And hey, at $4-5 a piece, bargain city!
You will have to put some effort into cleaning them. The four that I got all had 200+K on the odometers. But once you are done, you have some very stout stainless steel tips for very little cash. One caveat- I go for the '98 & '99's- they have an Accu-Seal band that is spot welded onto the adapter/slip-on section on the forward section of the tip. Mid-'99/00 they went to a nut welded on w/a bolt going up onto the exhaust pipe. Still nice, just my preference to get the full band

Attachments

• SSCN2507[1].JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 443
  • SSCN2506[1].JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 395
  • SSCN2505[1].JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 398
  • SSCN2504[1].JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 393
these tips will be going on tuesday

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 371
Don't waiste you money on the over exaggerated X. And spend it on a decent set of stainless tips.. Unless you are going to have people looking under your car for the bragging rights of the X.

X's are a waist of money.

Attachments

• dus3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 358
  • DSCF0090.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 357
  • DSCF0151[1].jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 357
Those tips are not correct for a scamp, You need ones for 68-69 Barracuda or 70 Dart Tips. They are for a Duster and are too long and the Hanger is in the wrong spot also.

Those tips are not correct for a scamp, You need ones for 68-69 Barracuda or 70 Dart Tips. They are for a Duster and are too long and the Hanger is in the wrong spot also.

I know they aren't correct (they are from '98 Volvo S70's), but I can make them work and they won't look out of place/goofy. One thing about Volvos is that they tend to use very decent quality metals, being from Sweden/scandanavia where corrosion is a big concern.
The car isn't going to be stock. As far as I know, Scamps were never 340 cars, never had duals, I'm using the 16" 'turbine' style rims from an '89 Lincoln LSC, 12" rotors, '73-'76 K-member & suspension with the swaybar set up, the interior is going black (it's that cream/tan color- the exterior is metallic gold with a painted black top where the vinyl was removed), and the rear is going to be an 8 1/4" SG unit.
It's a resto mod

Don't waiste you money on the over exaggerated X. And spend it on a decent set of stainless tips.. Unless you are going to have people looking under your car for the bragging rights of the X.

X's are a waist of money.

The Pype exhaust kits include them. You are right, it was a bunch more cash, I would definitely not pay it.
The Scamp is to be a resto mod that could be daily driven if pressed into service. I have about a combined $20 for 2 sets of these tips. The other set is for popping on the side exit exhaust I want to put on my '88 Gran Fury cop car we are going to use for a "24 hours of LeMons"/ track car (it was included in a county sale where I bought a '95 F-150 4x4, got both for $1530. It is no cream puff like my '85 AHB).

I know they aren't correct (they are from '98 Volvo S70's), but I can make them work and they won't look out of place/goofy. One thing about Volvos is that they tend to use very decent quality metals, being from Sweden/scandanavia where corrosion is a big concern.
The car isn't going to be stock. As far as I know, Scamps were never 340 cars, never had duals, I'm using the 16" 'turbine' style rims from an '89 Lincoln LSC, 12" rotors, '73-'76 K-member & suspension with the swaybar set up, the interior is going black (it's that cream/tan color- the exterior is metallic gold with a painted black top where the vinyl was removed), and the rear is going to be an 8 1/4" SG unit.
It's a resto mod
I'm pretty sure he was telling Motopsycho that his tips are for a duster. He wasn't telling you that. Nice cheap find V-100

I'm pretty sure he was telling Motopsycho that his tips are for a duster. He wasn't telling you that. Nice cheap find V-100

but i have a duster lol

Attachments

• Picture 298.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 367

Yeah, probably missed that point- hopefully didn't come off like a complete ***.

i just took the duster over to the exhaust shop will pick up tuesday

:banghead:
I'm confused !!

:wack:
He told him he had the wrong tips for his '68 Barracuda or a '70 Dart:confused:, the tips were for a Duster:rolleyes:. So he went out & bought a Duster so the tips would fit!. :tard: Now he can use his Xbox in his Volvo... :banghead:

He told him he had the wrong tips for his '68 Barracuda or a '70 Dart:confused:, the tips were for a Duster:rolleyes:. So he went out & bought a Duster so the tips would fit!. :tard: Now he can use his Xbox in his Volvo... :banghead:

Oh ****! That's confusing lol

Very nice! I've been calling all the junk yards in my area since you first posted this thread. No luck though!!! For some reason the Pick N Pull and U Pull It places don't keep anything to do with exhaust in my vicinity. Rats!

-
Back