Exhaust Tips

-

solid340

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the proper exhaust tips that go on a 1968 Dodge dart with a 440? I have found the long resonator ones and the short ones. Is there a difference?

Long. I have two original 69s. Does yours have cut outs for them?

originals were 1 5/8" inlet...you probably don't want those
they are square with rounded corners and re-popped in every imaginable size!

Hi everyone. Here are some pics that I found on Ebay. This is for a 1968 Dodge Dart. Can you give me an opinion on the correct one. My concern is on how much the tips will stick out from under the bumper if I get the wrong ones.Take note on the hanger position.

Attachments

• exhaust dodge.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 463
  • exhaust tip.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 466
Hi everyone. Here are some pics that I found on Ebay. This is for a 1968 Dodge Dart. Can you give me an opinion on the correct one. My concern is on how much the tips will stick out from under the bumper if I get the wrong ones.Take note on the hanger position.

If the exhaust shop has some skill, they can cut where the hanger is on those tips and weld it on where it lines up with the hanger on the rear frame rail. That's what the exhaust shop did with mine. In other words, don't worry too much about where the hanger is on the tip as that can be fixed easily.

Didn't Dodge always use the rectangular tips, while Plymouth always used the oval ones?

Can anyone tell me the proper exhaust tips that go on a 1968 Dodge dart with a 440? I have found the long resonator ones and the short ones. Is there a difference?

Since 68 Darts never came with 440s, there are no "proper" tips. Use whatever fits &/or looks best.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I am going to install the exhaust and then see which tip will fit best.

I have a 1968 GTS with a 440 and a full 2 1/2" dual exhaust system. I had the same issue as you and my solution was to install Flowmaster Exhaust Tips 15385. They look similar to the square slant cut stock tips and come with an excellent clamping system. The only small fault is that they have the Flowmaster logo on them. Check them out on Summit's or Jegs website. I am very happy with the price and the near factory look!

-
Back